• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Watercolour/Paint Daub Tutorial for Photoshop

Willow Rosenberg

I might be just like you!
After being asked how I achieved the effect on my recent Michelle Trachtenburg wall, & another person suggesting I should make more tutorials, I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and make a new tutorial.

The tutorial was done in Photoshop CS3, but I would think it would translate to earlier versions as well.

CLICK HERE FOR FILTER TUTORIAL

This is the effect we are aiming for (which can be seen in use on this wall):-

I hope people find it useful. :)

If you have Photoshop you can also download the Action, which I saved, which instantly does everything for you. Just download it, unzip it, then put the Action file into Program Files -> Adobe -> Adobe Photoshop -> Presets -> Actions.

Then to use the action, open your chosen image in Photoshop, go to Window -> Actions -> Load Actions -> Select impulsive_filter_effects -> watercolour and Paint daubs -> Hit Play.

Voila, everything is done for you. :)

A
alexa
omg your site layout friggin rocks! Thanks for posting this

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
*sigh* Why can't this option be available in PSP? :lmao: I love that effect and I can't use it!

Willow Rosenberg
Willow Rosenberg
aww... I'm sorry hon, I have no idea how you would get the same effect in PSP. :(

DingOz

Townie
Oh, my word. This is amazing! You also taught me something new in photoshop! I thank you for both of these things!!!
Crazy awesome!!!

Willow Rosenberg
Willow Rosenberg
You're welcome - glad you found it useful! :D

Sweetescape

Eyeballs to entrails, my sweet.
Would down loading the action work on my photoshop. It CS3 but its from a friend if you get my drift ;)
[br][/br]
Edit:
[br][/br]
hehehe excellent, i love friends! ;D

Spanky
Spanky
should work, yeah; as long as you install it the action doesnt know if it is from a 'friend' or not

Lindsey McDonald

Spirit Boy
Ok, I downloaded this ages ago, but didn't know photoshop well enought to get it to work or follow the tutorial, but now? I love it! It does it all for me! Thanks!

Top Bottom