• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Weather where you are?

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I've made a habit out of checking the weather through my windows before I leave the apartment, just so I know whether to bring an umbrella or not. Today, that trick failed me. It's so goddamn windy out that it disguised the rain pouring down completely and I was drenched by the time I reached the mall - which is, like, super close to my apartment complex.

TriBel

Scooby
The cables from an old satellite dish have broken loose and are banging against my windows. It's really irritating. It started out as a tap-tap-tap which sounded like drip-drip-drip and I spent 10 minutes looking for a leak in the ceiling! Plus, the damned gates at the back won't stay shut. :mad:

The comment on this made me laugh though:

Priceless
Priceless
I was swearing at the neighbours for making so much noise on a Sunday morning till I realised the cat's tail was hitting the side of a cardboard box and it sounded like they were knocking a wall down next door :-)

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I had to swerve to avoid one of those fake topiary balls as it rolled down the street. That's the only storm damage I've seen though!

TriBel

Scooby
@Priceless "I was swearing at the neighbours for making so much noise on a Sunday morning till I realised the cat's tail was hitting the side of a cardboard box and it sounded like they were knocking a wall down next door :)"
LOL! I called United Utilities to complain about my drains then realised it was tinnitus! 😄 I hate noises - particularly when I'm on my own.
I had to swerve to avoid one of those fake topiary balls as it rolled down the street. That's the only storm damage I've seen though!
Sorry but I'm laughing at that...are fake topiary balls the new tumbleweed?😄 On the plus side...it could have been a trampoline!

Right - wind and rain abated (for a while). I've closed the back gates by levering them together with a trowel and then swearing at the bolts. I've bodged the loose wires - tied one to a drainpipe and trapped the other in a window. Think it's time to put the house on the market before anyone realises it's held together by prayer.

Last edited:

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
The cables from an old satellite dish have broken loose and are banging against my windows.
I lost signal from mine due to loose wires. Fixed it with some string. Missed my calling as an engineer.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Cold, Every winter is colder and wetter than the previous one, damn climate change...

I lost signal from mine due to loose wires. Fixed it with some string. Missed my calling as an engineer.
It's never too late to answer your calling :)

Today, that trick failed me. It's so goddamn windy out that it disguised the rain pouring down completely and I was drenched by the time I reached the mall - which is, like, super close to my apartment complex.
That's called Murphy's Law, but couldn't you go back up to your apartment to get the umbrella before you got super wet ?

Puppet
Puppet
All the way back up those stairs just for an umbrella? Hell no!

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Up a ladder rescuing a trampoline from the roof of my shed. Missed my calling as a fireman.

TriBel
TriBel
Could have been worse. You could have been rescuing your shed roof from somebody else's trampoline! :-)

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Storm report so far......
5 fence panels down - 3 of them smashed to pieces.
We had a power cut from 12:45 till 14:00 then another from 15:30 to 17:00
Most of the roads around us are blocked due to fallen trees - One fell on a passing van (luckily occupants got out ok).
The road down into the village was shut due to a fallen tree & while some folk were trying to clear it they nearly got hit by the tree next to it coming down! :oops:
The house at the end of our road used to have a 150 year old lime-mortar stone wall....now he has a brand new pile of rubble.
…...and the storm isn't done yet. It's supposed to continue till tomorrow!

The good news is, we live on top of a hill.....so no flooding (Yet!)

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
good luck!!
TriBel
TriBel
Hope it's not as bad tomorrow. Good luck.
Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
The top of a hill is where lightning is most likely to strike.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
The storm is over so now there are clear sunny skies... beautiful day.
The most drama we had here yesterday was a food waste bin going down the road!....

Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Wow! We've had tree's down all over the place around here...….
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
It's a problem when food waste bins roll over, folk notice you sorting through them.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
How do you guys not get cold in cool weather ? My hands practically turn to ice every winter and I need to sleep under at least two blankets to keep warm.
I prefer summer because I can eat Ice Cream everyday without being judged.

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
I am so happy to live in a place without extreme weather. We can get hail, but it is always pretty tame.

Last edited:

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
How do you guys not get cold in cool weather ? My hands practically turn to ice every winter and I need to sleep under at least two blankets to keep warm.
I prefer summer because I can eat Ice Cream everyday without being judged.
I much prefer the cold over the heat, but luckily it doesn't get that warm here. Around 20c is my limit. I only really feel cold if it gets down to around -10c. Somewhere in between those two is perfect.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
It would be nice to have more than 5mm of rain this month.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Another grey miserable day here... expecting another storm Saturday.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Actually dry here for once, however there's a lot of flooding around. The Wye is at 6m high in Hereford, places have been evacuated.

Spoke too soon, it's raining again!

Top Bottom