• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Weather where you are?

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I thought it was meant to rain this morning, but no more blue sky and heat. Half 7 and already 21c.

Priceless

Scooby
We keep being promised thunder storms, but we've not had one yet. It's about 65° currently but meant to rise to 80°

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
We keep being promised thunder storms, but we've not had one yet. It's about 65° currently but meant to rise to 80°
We had lightning last night, but no thunder or rain. Humidity not as bad as this time yesterday but still 89% was 97% yesterday morning.

LemonBanana

Scooby
Sineya
HOT HOT HOT, gotta go stick my head in the freezer... I’m melting, brain is frazzled....need ice cream...

white avenger

white avenger
We're coming into our rainy season, which means (hopefully) that the worst of our Georgia summer is about to ease off and fall will be coming along soon.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Clouds are gathering, wind has picked up, we might get this storm today, eventually!

Edit: just saw the first raindrops!!

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Let's put it this way.... I'm considering putting the heating on!

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
Strong winds are blowing at 2am in Singapore, so much so that my bedroom door is literally trembling from the gusts blowing on it. My windows too. Not a pleasant experience in the middle of the night.

• Sad
Reactions: Nix

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
I take it back, it's not just strong winds; I could hear thunderstorms outside. Sigh.

And I was gonna head down to the 24-hour supermarket and grab some munchies too. I'm feeling peckish.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
We are getting the orange haze here in the Toronto area from the wildfires in the west. Apparently, the smoke has gone all the way to Newfoundland already. Some simulations show smoke will continue to move until Greenland is covered. That will be an interesting situation: will the smoke reduce the ground temperatures enough to keep the ice from melting or will particulates land on the ice and accelerate heat absorption?

thrasherpix

Scooby
We are getting the orange haze here in the Toronto area from the wildfires in the west. Apparently, the smoke has gone all the way to Newfoundland already. Some simulations show smoke will continue to move until Greenland is covered. That will be an interesting situation: will the smoke reduce the ground temperatures enough to keep the ice from melting or will particulates land on the ice and accelerate heat absorption?
While I can't answer that question, I can say that at close to ground zero for me (out of sight of any distant fires, and if any ashes rained down then I only noticed one on my walk), it was a lot hotter than it had any right to be. I sweated more than usual. The clouds blocking the sun to the point it was almost like night didn't cool it off at all. If anything, it felt hotter than usual. The clouds were helping to keep the heat in rather than letting it cool off by blocking the sun.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
The east of South Australia that had been under threat of the current drought had a years load of rain in just over an hour on Friday/ Saturday.
It has been raining reasonably heavy here last night though the dam hasn't overflowed yet.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
'tis still wet, heavy rains are becoming more and more persistent with the incoming female aspect of El Nino. How long it goes on for is guess work yet how strong it is is often measured by how far west it spread.

Priceless

Scooby
Still early yet and the fields are misty, looks pretty spooky, but I think it'll be a nice day

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Still early yet and the fields are misty, looks pretty spooky, but I think it'll be a nice day
Yeah, it was misty here last night, too. At around nine at night, when I walked to MacD to get some food, I could barely see a few feet around me. Creepy time for it to be so misty/foggy.

Top Bottom