• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Weather where you are?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
We had some rain earlier and it is currently about 4°C/39°F and overcast. I had been planning for months to watch the Jupiter - Saturn conjunction but the clouds never cooperated.

Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Yeah, no chance of seeing it from here either :(

TriBel

Scooby
Why is the UK colder than Canada?! We haven't even got interesting wildlife to compensate. If we're gonna have snow we should rewild with bears and wolves. 😒 I want tracks left by something other than Nike trainers.😠

Black Thorn
At 1am the entire sky lit up, and everything indoors was bathed in this white/bluish colour....three seconds later, there was a thunderous crash. It woke me straightaway and I leapt out of bed to open the windows. I wanted to fully experience the incredible beauty of it all. In fact, its still raining right now, with occasional bursts of thunder. It makes me so happy.

Los Angeles hasn't gotten much rain this year, but according to weather forecasters, we're in for it today!!! 😊

Nix
Nix
I don't like them much!
Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
Let's see if the rain puts out more fires than the lightning can start.
  • Wow
Reactions: Nix

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Had a snow flurry earlier now just freezing again.

TriBel

Scooby
No flurries (that said, I haven't opened the blinds. It could be apocalyptic out there). Freezing - heavy snow forecast for later (so no snow then?)

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
We had about a centimetre of snow late yesterday so everything is bright today but it is at -1°C/30°F at the moment and although it is overcast, there are some slight patches of blue sky, so not the worst winter weather. It is going up a couple of degrees above freezing later so not as bad as it could be.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
No snow for us yet :( It's a cold and grey day here.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Snow!! Quite heavily too, however it's not sticking sadly.

whatdBuffyDo

Townie
It snowed today! Not the first snow of the year but the first long lasting snow on the ground! :D

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
We have had a bit of rain and the temperature is back down to 2°C/36°F from a lofty height of 7°C earlier today.

thrasherpix

Scooby
This winter is very warm for me. I'm regularly leaving the window open with one or more fans going. I dread the summer that I know is coming and even talking a bit more seriously about moving with some who want to pool our money and resources together to buy a place up north, maybe even Washington state.

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
It's been a little on the warm side for January. We haven't had snow for awhile but we could use it. We could be headed for another drought this year if we don't.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Yipee! Ya-Haay, and oh golly gosh.
At 4:50 I heard some rumblings and thought it was on the tele, there was a live report of Washington DC.
I turned the surround sound off and reduced the level of sound. More rumblings, so I grabbed the torch and went outside. The massed sound of bees in the copse of trees near the house was very noticeable until the lightning lit up the sky from about five kms away then the thunder shook the roof of the car port. I ran inside the house to get the car keys so I could put the car where the rain was (it was starting to rain).
Unfortunately the rain had stopped by 5:45 am, still, the car is clean.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
It tried to rain again at 3:10 am for twenty minutes, didn't try very hard though.
It did register 1mm in the rain gauge.

Last edited:

TriBel

Scooby
Rain...and rain...and apparently more rain: about 36 hours of continuous heavy rain. There are major incident alerts out plus "Risk to life" flood warnings.

Priceless
Priceless
Yep, same here
Top Bottom