• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Weather where you are?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
The weather Bureau here is having a field day, saying the (long range) forecast for the next five days. They are predicting that a cyclone will pass just north of Perth (capital city of Western Australia) on Monday and going by their predictions where I live will get a direct hit by what will be a rain deppression .

Point to consider. When was the last time the weather bureau got a prediction correct?
Guesses for this and the last two centuries only please!
This sounds like the testing of the Tallboy bombs in WWII. These were used on various raids. They cynically put the camera right in the middle of the bullseye in one test. The camera was vapourized. Sometimes they do get it right.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Bright blue sky here this morning, hopefully will get some warmth to go with the blue.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
The Low pressure system, now known as Tropical Cyclone Seroja, that was heading for the West Australian coast at Jurien Bay is now tracking further north by about 100 miles, unfortunately two more low pressure systems are about to join with the cyclone. Glad I live halfway up a hill.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
It is official now, Tropical Cyclone Seroja has been nearly joined by Tropical Cyclone Odette.

Whats that they say about buses? You never see one then three come along.
I like the other saying though
About it never raining but it pours!

The latest forcast has it affecting here on Monday.

For those who like that sort of thing: www.bom.gov.au

Nix

🤪
Sineya
The sun is trying to be seen today. It's nice and dry and not snowing so thats a bonus lol.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
The B.O.M. (Bureau of Meteorology) are thinking the path of the cyclone in moving a bit north (10 miles or so), the eye of the cyclone is moving further away from here and as that is where the strong winds (100 mph) are, goody!
Some winds will be expected as a cyclone is usually about 600 - 1000 miles wide.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
It appears as though the two cyclones are now as one, TC Seroja. At this stage TC Seroja is a category 2 cyclone yet in the first couple of hours of Sunday it will become a category 3 cyclone and as it nears the coast its wind speed will slow to a category 2 cyclone.

Wind speeds in km/h
Category 1.. .. .. .. 63 to 88 with a maximum gust of 125
.. .. " .. .. .. 2.. .. .. .. 89 to 117 with a maximum gust of 164
.. .. " .. .. .. 3.. .. .. ..118 to 159 with a maximum gust of 224

Last edited:

TriBel

Scooby
The sun is trying to be seen today. It's nice and dry and not snowing so thats a bonus lol.
It was seen here today...then it rained. It was seen in the City centre...then it snowed. I'm fed up with schizophrenic or duplicitous, taunting weather! I want honest weather...not "dull but warm" or "sunny but bloody freezing"...and some consistency wouldn't go amiss.

Reactions: Nix

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Sun's out here but it was trying to snow 10 minutes ago :rolleyes: . Good frost this morning , must have been -3ish ...another cold one on the cards tonight . For me that means no plums or sloes this year: they're blossoming now and they won't last in this .

TriBel

Scooby
For me that means no plums
Is that right? Thanks for the warning. My mother has plum and apple trees in her garden (far more than she should have. I think it was my dad's idea of re-wilding. More trees - less grass to cut) and the plum trees were next to useless last year. Am I okay to expect apples? Asking for someone who can't be arsed to listen to Gardner's Question Time. 😏 Sloe? You got your own distillery?

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
You ban make a lovely Sloe wine, any home wine making kit will do.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
She might be right . Mine are in flower now but other places will have already set or not started yet ...or weren't hit with a freeze . Most of mine have fallen off as whole blooms .

I had a bumper crop of everything last year , tree fruits , nuts , acorns were off the hook . Cars were slipping on the track from too many acorns :D . Never seen the like ....But the hawthorn blossom was disappointing . Hawthorn blossom time is my favourite time of the year .

Loads of hippies make sloe gin so mine are in demand in a bad year . I would love to try a little distillery as a hobby ...could start today :p ...but I didn't get much genuine pleasure from wine and beer making . I'd rather have a pie with the fruit in it and buy a bottle ;) . It's pretty damn illegal too .

I'm scarred by a batch of raspberry wine . I spent a week or more picking raspberries to make this wine ...and it just wouldn't go . It was a stone round my neck for years :D . I suspect my volatile exgirlfriend may have put bleach in it during a tantrum ...because it defied all known chemical and physical laws .

Last edited:
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Put a strong Almond solution in the Bleach bottles, it will freak folk out that you can make wine from bleach!

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Oops, Severe Tropical Cyclone Seroja, category 3 has just crossed the coast, it is likely to reach here by 6pm tomorrow.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Cold and a few showers today. Hoping for a bit of sun tomorrow but I think it will be much of the same as today.

Top Bottom