• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Week 20: Angel & Faith Season 10 #6-10

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
This week we are discussing Angel & Faith Season 10, volume 2 (issues #6-10).

"Lost & Found, Part I"
Writer: Victor Gischler Penciller: Will Conrad
Faith's next mission for Deepscan is one she can't resist—tracking the missing Riley Finn in South America. The girl has got some residual guilt over that military demon hunter... Meanwhile, in London's Magic Town, Angel is confronted by yet another old frenemy.

"Lost & Found, Part II"
Amy the Rat has been seeking favors in Magic Town, and Angel is on alert-what is this witch really after? Meanwhile, Faith has tracked Riley into the jungle to find a tribe of vicious new vampires! Casualties be happening . . .

"Lost & Found, Part III" 8 November 5, 2014
The tribal vampires have the upper hand, with Riley back to being vampire food. Faith works on a straight-up strong-arm jungle rescue, while Angel plans to turn the tables on Amy the Rat, to keep her from her real target.
"Lost & Found, Part IV"
Clearly in a magical mire with Amy the Rat, Angel brings in backup to shut down the witch and save Magic Town . . . Faith is reunited with Riley in a brawl with the tribal vampires—staking, dusting, and feeling awkward!

"Lost & Found Part V"
While Faith fights the newest breed of vampires to save Riley, she's shocked when she discovers the identity of their illustrious leader . . . Then, in London, Angel calls in a favor to deal with Amy's trap!

Source: Wikipedia

Priceless

Scooby
Mostly filler, not improved at second reading :) I much prefer Angel and Faith when they work together, they have a nice dynamic. Separately they lack something, and need a gang around them to bounce off. These stories weren't particularly interesting either, which doesn't help. I quickly got bored of Amy; we've seen it all before.

Faith became involved with a deeply uninteresting military/industrial complex. The only interest was in seeing Sam and Riley Finn again, though I don't think Faith got the closure she had hoped for.

Still disliked the ending. I have said this many times before, but I do not want anymore characters raised from the dead, whether it's natural or mystical. It makes the battle worthless if death is meaningless and people can keep coming back :mad:

wickedwillow

Potential
Still disliked the ending. I have said this many times before, but I do not want anymore characters raised from the dead, whether it's natural or mystical. It makes the battle worthless if death is meaningless and people can keep coming back :mad:

I am reading this for the first time so I don't know where it is going, but I did have more of a sinking feeling than excitement with the reveal at the end. I thought maybe I'm getting a bit too cynical, but nice to know I am not alone. Although one of my old friends used to be adamant that Buffy should have ended with 'The Gift' as the power of Buffy's sacrifice and her friends' grief and the audience's emotional investment was cheated with the resurrection. At the time I was just happy to get more Buffy and didn't think too much about it :)

Top Bottom