• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Week 21: Angel & Faith Season 10 #11-15

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
This week we are discussing Angel & Faith Season 10, volume 3 (issues #11-15).

"United, Part I"
Writer: Victor Gischler Penciller: Will Conrad
Faith Lehane returns to London! Long missing from the scene in Magic Town, the Slayer is back and ready for action—which is going to come as a surprise to her old evil-fighting teammate, Angel . . .

"United, Part II"
Though she’s returned to London, Faith isn’t planning to join up with Team Angel again. But circumstances will throw the Slayer and the vampire together when someone searching for Illyria brings his quest through Magic Town . . .

"United, Part III"
Angel and Faith join forces in an attempt to save Fred and keep the powerful goddess Illyria from taking over. Without Illyria present, the honor-bound demon Koh may never discover who slayed his family and imprisoned him . . . a devastating reality for this unlikely hero.

"United, Part IV"
Fred continues to struggle against the power of Illyria and reveals to Angel and Faith her great fear of losing control. Meanwhile, Koh deals with the reality that his quest for vengeance may be futile.

"Fight or Flight"
Writer: Kel McDonald Penciller: Cliff Richards
Taking a break from the stress of reality in London, Angel and Fred hop on a ferry to Angel’s homeland! Though both were hoping for a leisurely holiday, something is rotten in the Emerald Isle. Angel can’t resist helping the helpless—but will that be the best thing for Fred . . . and Illyria?

Source: Wikipedia

Priceless

Scooby
Enjoyed this more than the last volume, mainly because Angel and Faith are working together again. They are better together then separately, this volume even more so because they are joined by Fred and Koh.

I enjoyed learning Kohs backstory and his conversation with Nadira about vengence and what it does to a person. I'd still like to understand what Nadira's actual purpose is. I understand she is magic, but to what end?

There was a lot to like here, but it didn't thrill me. The trip to Ireland seemed pointless and slowed the story down after all the previous action. I much prefer Illyria to Fred and don't understand why science is seen as bad, when Fred was a scientist, but everything logical is met with 'well that's just life in magic town'

wickedwillow

Potential
I am really happy that Angel and Faith are together again, like you I wasn't sure why Fred was so nervous of the science, I thought she'd be the character to embrace it and immerse herself in the technical details of what the labs and technicians can do for her.
I am not sure what I feel about Fred being back though, I think I remember that if television Angel had continued into a 6th season there was going to be flipping between Fred and Illyria, but somehow the whole reset thing seems unearned, and undermines the certainty of Fred's death in season 5. Also would Fred in the mind really be powerful enough to defeat the will of an old one determined to wreak havoc on the world?[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom