• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Week 22: Buffy Season 10 #16-20

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
This week we are discussing Buffy Season 10, volume 4 (issues #16-20).

"Old Demons, Part I"
Writer: Christos Gage Penciller: Rebekah Isaacs
After discovering that the powerful demon Archaeus has deep connections to both Spike and Angel, Buffy invites her former beau for a visit. Things are awkward, and everyone is behaving just a little juvenile—but in order to beat the threat Archaeus brings, the team is going to have to overcome the past.

"Old Demons, Part II"
Tensions are on the rise as the gang goes in search of an ancient enemy—Archaeus. Split into teams, Angel and Xander are able to connect over themes of betrayal and love lost, while Buffy pushes Spike to keep his insecurities in check. But they quickly discover there are much more dangerous things to battle as they close in on the demon lord.

"Old Demons, Part III"
The Slayer's advantage against a powerful demon—having super-awesome friends—may be her undoing as Archaeus pits Spike and Angel against one another.

"Freaky Giles Day"
Writer: Christos Gage and Nicholas Brendon Penciller: Rebekah Isaacs
With a little help from Willow, Giles is given a second chance at adulthood, and the demon scourge smells weakness. Meanwhile, Buffy and Dawn are reunited with their neglectful father, Hank Summers.

"Triggers"
Writer: Christos Gage Penciller: Megan Levens
Called in for a supernatural-crimes case, Buffy and Spike discover an incubus demon is targeting women in San Francisco. Meanwhile, Xander and Giles work on an exorcism that stirs up some questions about Ghost Anya.

Source: Wikipedia

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
I liked all of S10 but I did miss having Giles around. I'm not a fan of child Giles. Freaky Giles Day was a great episode because we got to see the father/daughter relationship between Buffy & Giles still exists.

Priceless
Priceless
The sooner Giles is back to normal the better

Priceless

Scooby
This volume is brilliant. 'Old Demons' has everything you'd want from Buffy, it's funny and clever and action packed and emotional. Every character gets some great lines, the story moves forward and there is closure for some long standing issues. Xander and Angel talk it out and come to some sort of mutual respect. Spike and Angel have lots of fun verbally sparring, and Buffy makes it very clear she's with Spike now - yay! Even Andrew is bearable. I just hope Angel's prediction at the end doesn't come true and it's the jealousy talking.

'Freaky Giles Day' is great too. We have to different version of what a father is, as Giles is aged up for a day. Buffy snaps at Giles, and it's only when her own father is incredibly cruel to her does she realise how wonderful Giles has been as a father figues. Really moving stuff.

And 'Triggers' rounds of the Spuffy-ness by addressing the attempted rape. It was a bit too on the nose for me, as it deals with supernatural rape, but it finally gives Buffy a chance to address her issues and say how she feels about the whole thing.

I loved this volume, I actually laughed out loud a couple of times, which I don't usually at the comics. It was also better at second reading because I knew Angel wasn't going to sweep in and steal Buffy away.

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
I love the dynamic between Angel and Spike, it makes season 5 of Angel very watchable. They love each and hate each other, they have nothing in common and everything in common, they're family and they're enemies. Such an interesting layered and textured dynamic that both actors portrayed well on the both series so nice to see it in the comics. I love how they hate each other until they need each other and then they are best friends.

wickedwillow

Potential
I love the dynamic between Angel and Spike, it makes season 5 of Angel very watchable. They love each and hate each other, they have nothing in common and everything in common, they're family and they're enemies. Such an interesting layered and textured dynamic that both actors portrayed well on the both series so nice to see it in the comics. I love how they hate each other until they need each other and then they are best friends.

I wish we could have got another season of Angel as I liked Angel and Spike together so much, a love-hate relationship that has lasted over a hundred years is such a rich seem of stories.

Top Bottom