• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Week 5: pages 210 - 260 (week 12: 19th - 25th of March)

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Some general questions for week 5, feel free to add anything else on your mind.

• Do you think that Lyse would've been more open to the coven as a teenager? Is it harder to accept the supernatural when you're older you think? Basically, are you more open when you're young?
  • What did you think about Freddy, Dev's partner? Possibly evil or just kind of creepy?
  • What do you Think about Eleanora's past coming back to haunt her? Did you see it coming?
  • The book is leading towards its end, where do you think it is going and what do you think of the journey so far?

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
Do you think that Lyse would've been more open to the coven as a teenager? Is it harder to accept the supernatural when you're older you think? Basically, are you more open when you're young?

If Lyse would have been raised knowing about the coven, then yes, I think she would have been more open to it. It would just have been what she'd always known. But springing it on her in her late teens may not have gone well. It's a prime time for rebellion and she probably would have been angry to learn that she had this destiny to fulfill.

What did you think about Freddy, Dev's partner? Possibly evil or just kind of creepy?

I didn't get the sense that he was evil, but maybe that he and Dev aren't entirely happy? Dev did seem a little wistful that she didn't end up with the other guy she was dating before Freddy. It might be something AB is setting up for a future book in the series.

What do you Think about Eleanora's past coming back to haunt her? Did you see it coming?

When the guy who broke into Daniela's place touched her and she got the flashback to her twins' birth, it seemed pretty clear that he would turn out to be her son. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's an OK twist, but he's just such a flat, unlikable villain when it seems like there should be more to it. Maybe that's coming in future books. But it seems like it would have been better to let him actually ingratiate himself with the group earlier in the book or something, instead of him being obviously bad and everyone recognizing him as bad so quickly.

The book is leading towards its end, where do you think it is going and what do you think of the journey so far?

I actually read through to the end last week, so answering this would be cheating. :)

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
If Lyse would have been raised knowing about the coven, then yes, I think she would have been more open to it. It would just have been what she'd always known. But springing it on her in her late teens may not have gone well. It's a prime time for rebellion and she probably would have been angry to learn that she had this destiny to fulfill.
Good Point!
I didn't get the sense that he was evil, but maybe that he and Dev aren't entirely happy? Dev did seem a little wistful that she didn't end up with the other guy she was dating before Freddy. It might be something AB is setting up for a future book in the series.

There was just something about him that really rubbed me the wrong way. But you're right, it's probably a set up for something that's later in the series.
When the guy who broke into Daniela's place touched her and she got the flashback to her twins' birth, it seemed pretty clear that he would turn out to be her son. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's an OK twist, but he's just such a flat, unlikable villain when it seems like there should be more to it. Maybe that's coming in future books. But it seems like it would have been better to let him actually ingratiate himself with the group earlier in the book or something, instead of him being obviously bad and everyone recognizing him as bad so quickly.

I agree it was pretty clear, it's a fine twist technically but like you said he's really flat. He comes across as very two-dimensional and isn't a very effective villain for me. Like you said, maybe if ihe had ingratiated himself earlier... he could've been Weir (that's the love interests name right? Lol, I forget) or something. There is no real conflict here, and also - seeing as how she pretty much just tossed him out with the bathwater - it's easy to see why he has a grudge against his mother.

I actually read through to the end last week, so answering this would be cheating. :)

Naughty, naughty ;)

Top Bottom