• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Welcome back!

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Welcome back to the new BB!

We've made some changes (and more are to come) and we'd like to outline some of them here.

First, obviously, some name changes occurred. I've gone back to my original BB username Darla from Buffy Summers.

We have some staff additions as well. Willow Rosenberg (formerly edb), Oz (formerly FunkyMunky) and Faith have returned as admins, taking us back to our original core 4 admins who started Buffy-Boards over 8 years ago. Also Emzzie has joined the moderating team.

A couple new features: you'll see that your Mood now shows as an icon in your posts (with lovely graphics by Willow Rosenberg). We've also changed the placement of your Facebook-like status to make them more readable (it's a new mod so you'll need to enter it in your profile again). Both of those can be edited in your Edit Profile. Oz has also refreshed our post icons that you can see when you start a new thread.

The chat room ([HASHTAG]#buffyboards[/HASHTAG]) is now officially re-opened. Please be sure to read THIS THREAD about the chat. Use it right or you will lose it for good.

As you can see we've given the board a little facelift, with a new design and 40 or so new styles. More of those are to come.

We've streamlined some of the forums, combined some, and added a few (including Riley and Nathan Fillion forums). We're hoping to simplify things around here. The Off Topic "School" forums are now displayed on the main page, and we've done some renaming. The dorms can now be found inside the BB School of Slayers and Demon Hunters forum on the main page.

The old size avatars have been removed for the time being. They will be added back as we get them resized to the new avatar size.

An unfortunate result of a modification I tried to make to the karma system, we had a little corruption in the database and the reputation levels were lost. Happily all the comments are still there, but everyone's karma has been reset as a result. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The BBTV forum is hidden right now while Faith re-organizes it.

The staff will be continuing to make improvements - to get everything done before re-opening would have necessitated us keeping the board closed another week or so and after weighing the choice we decided to go ahead and open now as promised.

So we hope you enjoy the new improved BB!

:)

M
Marisa
Love them!
W
Wishing Oceans
Amazing job! :)
Tome
Tome
Good joooob!
Anya2012
Anya2012
[No message]
Airam
Airam
Loving the changes, everything looks great, thanks :)

Chosen Enemy

Losing my soul
I know you said not to sit on the board waiting for it to reopen, but I did. Bad girl, me!
Also, I'm happy that you didn't keep it closed for another week, you would be facing some apocalypse.
I usually don't like changes, they scare me like bunnies do, but this is a right one, that I could actually get used to very easily. So, can't wait to try this out!
Good luck to new staff members, good luck new changes, good luck my new coffee that I have just made and will drink while spending some time here, looking at the changes!

Mumrik

The Unicorn Hunter
Just had a little poke around and very probably haven't seen half of the changes yet but from what I've seen so far, I like :) Will explore further when I have more than five minutes' time.

I actually removed the link to BB from my favourites to refrain myself from clicking it just out of habit xD *goes to put it back*

W
Wishing Oceans
LOL that's what I had to do, too. ;)

Lilah

Poll Boy
OHHH how exciting! We are back up and running, awesome. I like what I have seen so far. Good job guys. How amazing is that the original core group are back in charge with additional team. Right, off I go to see what other exciting changes I come across. Thanks again guys, so glad to be back.

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
Wow, everything looks great. Good job! I don't know how you guys do it. I've missed everyone, but glad we're back up.

Will you be making the same changes over at AD? (which I did check out during our hiatus, but restrained joining LOL).

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
L
Lilah
And how amazing they are too. I just went through them all, and I have now chosen my skin. (Lilah)

Washburne

Protector of the key.
Black Thorn
Since this is the first thread I went to I haven't seen much of the changes yet but it sounds good. It'll be fun going through the boards during the weekend.

I think it was good to open today as promised but I wouldn't mind you closing it again to get all things done. Feels strange to call you Darla now though.

An unfortunate result of a modification I tried to make to the karma system, we had a little corruption in the database and the reputation levels were lost. Happily all the comments are still there, but everyone's karma has been reset as a result. We apologize for the inconvenience.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! I was so close to becoming the chosen one. :(

Relax it was a bad joke. Yes, I'd like to have become the chosen one but believe me it's not a big deal. Just big enough for me to post about it. ;) It'll be good going through the levels again. A new start is good.

And finally a huge welcome back :grouphug: to the returning staff members.

This Year's Girl

Grateful grapefruit
Sineya
Hey! I'm really liking the changes I've noticed, especially the ones where you can just click on a button to make links and text bold and stuff like that.

Great job, BB-team! :)

L
Lilah
Oh wow, that is fricking awesome. I love it here, I LOVE IT!!!

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
This looks fantastic. I remember you talking about doing a lot of this stuff awhile back. It really turned out well. Congrats team, oh and Welcome Back to the core four! lol

Tueuse de Vampires

Love will tear us apart..
Lol, I was shocked when I saw that Connor/Cordelia skin on twitter!

Some interesting changes on the Boards. I'm really happy the chat is open again :D

Is it bad that the karma reset was the first thing I noticed?

Washburne
Washburne
Yes it's very bad. So why am I giving you a positive rep? ;)

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
Quick question, is the Amends skin to be taken as the token Buffy/Angel skin or will there be another Bangel skin too?

BTW, the new skins are gorgeous!

Tueuse de Vampires

Love will tear us apart..
I still haven't found the statuses...where are they?

Also...just noticed our house names are in the corner now.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I'm just going to say that we have some skins left to add but please stop asking questions about future styles - we've spent a lot of time doing this and it's kind of unappreciative.

B
Big Damn Hero
Thank you for taking the time to do this all :) it's ace!
M
Misty
You've done a great job with the boards, and everything looks amazing!

Mumrik

The Unicorn Hunter
Plus, the ones we have are GORGEOUS. I went through them all and even the ones of characters I don't like are wonderful. Didn't think I'd ever use a Darla skin but here we are. The new colour schemes are much easier on MY eyes as well. ;)

Willow Rosenberg
Willow Rosenberg
:D Glad you like the new ones! I kinda have RSI from all the PS clicking lol
Top Bottom