• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Welcome to the bookclub!

Taake

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Staff member
Black Thorn
Hey everybody! Welcome to this installment of the BB Bookclub where we'll be reading Amber Benson's "The Witches of Echo Park"
thumbnail_IMG_4025k.jpg

I've set up a reading schedule (below) which I hope will accommodate the needs of different kinds of readers. It'll be roughly 50 pages/week to start (the lenght depending a bit on how long the chapters are), if that is to speedy or too slow we can modify as we go along, but in this way we will have a momentum and finish the book in roughly six weeks, which seems like a fair amount of time. :)

Each week I will post a discussion thread with a couple of talking points for the pages of the week. If you haven't had the time to do all the reading it's really no problem, catch up when you can and the threads and discussions will be there waiting.

Schedule
Week 1: pages 1-53 (week 8: 19th - 25th of February)
Week 2: pages 54-109 (week 9: 26th of Feb - 4th of March)
Week 3: pages 110 -156 (week 10: 5th - 11th of March)
Week 4: pages 157 -209 (week 11: 12th - 18th of March)
Week 5: pages 210 - 260 (week 12: 19th - 25th of March)
Week 6: pages 261 - 294 (week 13: 26th of March - 1st of April)

:)

Last edited:
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
That's a short knitting needle the girlie's got in your avatar.

Athena

Has anyone seen my human vessel?
Staff member
Black Thorn
The perils of buying a cheap book means that mine hasn't arrived yet.... it should be this week though :)

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
This is such an awesome idea! I'm a huge book nerd, and I've been meaning to check out an Amber Benson title, so I may try to catch up before the end! :)
Yay, do it! We're only on week 2 so far :)

Professor Walsh

Feminist slayerette
Black Thorn
I've started to read the book as an e-book, with no page numbers. Would you mind adding chapter titles to the weekly threads?

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
I've started to read the book as an e-book, with no page numbers. Would you mind adding chapter titles to the weekly threads?
Absolutely, there are no chapter titles beyond the characters names though, but I can add them in with the first few words of said chapter :)

Professor Walsh

Feminist slayerette
Black Thorn
Absolutely, there are no chapter titles beyond the characters names though, but I can add them in with the first few words of said chapter :)
Thanks. I noticed that after a while, too. (yes, I did swipe past the first few pages without reading them at all. Also, the book does have page numbers, but they don't necessarily correspond to the paper pages.)

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
Thanks. I noticed that after a while, too. (yes, I did swipe past the first few pages without reading them at all. Also, the book does have page numbers, but they don't necessarily correspond to the paper pages.)
I think they do correspond, because others a reading the e-book version too :) Though maybe it's not the same

Week 1: pages 1-53 ---- read up to chapter "Eleanora" starts with Eleanora was relieved...
Week 2: pages 54-109 --- from the above mentioned chapter to "Lyse" chapter, starts with "Walking through the dark streets"
Week 3: pages 110 -156 - from the above Lyse chapter to another Eleanora one, starts with "The weight of..."
Week 4: pages 157 -209 from the Eleanora to "Lyse", starts with "Lyse was slipping a clean shirt..."
Week 5: pages 210 - 260 - from the "Lyse" chapter to a "Lizbeth" one, "Lizbeth sat on..."
Week 6: pages 261 - 294 - just read on my wayward daugther, there'll be peace when you are done! :D

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Taake, you said that you will read the book to Athena on skype, would you do the same for me?

Note to self, get skype installed.

Top Bottom