• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Welcoming Myself to the Hellmouth

kReEsTaL

undead
Welcome Forbes! I hope you'll have a blast. There are some high quality topics around here.

Regarding "Charmed": I have never watched it, because I have the feeling I would certainly find it cheesier than BtVS. 🙈

But since there are so many Charmed fans in the Buffy community, I'd like to watch a few episodes to get over my stupid bias. Which episodes/season(s) would you recommend?

Priceless
Priceless
Love your banner!

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
One you should watch i would say is the pilot . After that there a whole lot of choices .

LemonBanana

Scooby
Sineya
Welcome to the boards! Your going to Love it here, everyone is so nice and there is always something to do! So, welcome to the Buffy Boards family!!! 😊 💕

forbuss

Witch
Sineya
Welcome Forbes! I hope you'll have a blast. There are some high quality topics around here.

Regarding "Charmed": I have never watched it, because I have the feeling I would certainly find it cheesier than BtVS. 🙈

But since there are so many Charmed fans in the Buffy community, I'd like to watch a few episodes to get over my stupid bias. Which episodes/season(s) would you recommend?
This is an age old debate! In my experience: all Charmed fans like Buffy, but not all Buffy fans like Charmed. Charmed is my all time favourite show but I am not naive - Buffy is the superior show in terms of writing, plot, etc. This is not to say Charmed had bad writing or anything because I think it's actually quite underrated. I wouldn't call it "cheesy" but it is quite campy (I'd say moreso than Buffy).

I'd also recommend the first episode because it introduces the world and characters excellently! Regardless, I think *ALL* Buffy fans should watch the episodes that Charisma Carpenter is in. The character has many, many similarities to Cordelia in Angel. Charisma is excellent in Charmed.

kReEsTaL
kReEsTaL
Great, thank you for your detailed reply :) Starting from the beginning sounds logical, however I'm not sure I'd recommend to a BtVS newbie to start from season 1 to make themselves an opinion. Rather s2.

ChaseRules

Sineya
I’m a Charmed fan too and you are right she is good as Kyra in the series. One of the highlight of that season. And what happened to her ( I don’t say it because I don’t want to spoil anyone) is one of the big mistake of the show
I lioked Charsma character in thre show. They could have done so much more with Kyra .

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
It just occurred to me to ask where in Canada you are in? Is it anywhere near to Kelley Armstrong?

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
you might say no but there is a possibility, that increases if you accept that I don't know where Kelley Armstrong lives.
Now then.
There has been chatter referring to the series of Charmed being as good as Buffy, as they are different why not just enjoy both although are the original Charmed episodes the comparison or the remake?
And this is to forbuss, will you be joining the House of Black Thorn? 'Cos if youse is gonna welcome yourself to the hellmouth, best make sure the Hellmouth is going to welcome you, spoken as someone from who lives in the land of the damned might speak. Happy Samhain, from one who is .. ..

ChaseRules

Sineya
Good point . There is both the original & the remake . For me I like the original better myself.

And forbuss, don't forgot the house of Sineya If you going to live on the Hellmouth then it makes sense to stand up for yourself & fight
the evil that comes from the Hellmouth .

forbuss
forbuss
I am not sure which house I will join! Still weighing my options...
Top Bottom