• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Were Xander and Anya in the process of getting back together?

YummySushiPJs

Scooby
In Storyteller Xander and Anya sleep together. And while they discuss the fact it was "breakup sex" and that they might really be over now, they also both admit (finally) that they still love each other, and that they're not quite sure what that means going forward.

Something I think a lot of people forget, because the show drops the ball here in my opinion, is that they then sleep together AGAIN a few episodes later in Touched. They are shown sleeping together during a montage of various couples getting together that night.

But sadly it is never mentioned again onscreen and we don't see Xander and Anya discussing it, and it's left completely unclear whether they are back together, not back together, or possibly working towards getting back together. What are your thoughts?

Antho

Scooby
The way I see it is : That was just a way for them to say "goodbye" in case or they would not survive. They were one evening before to delivers a big battle against thousands vampires and I don't think they thought they would survived. That wasn't about getting back together or not. Maybe if Anya had survived, the topic would be discuss but in precisely that moment.. it was just about getting confort..

white avenger

white avenger
In the comic book Season 8, I recall Xander having a few conversations with Anya's "spirit" (whether it was real, or just his imagination) where she encouraged him to essentially move on and find someone else to love, so that would seem to me to imply that he, at least, still had feelings for her at that time. That's assuming, of course, that you accept the Dark Horse series as canon.

Priceless

Scooby
In Storyteller they admitted they still had feelings for each other, but I don't think Xander would ever have given Anya what she needed and they would have ended up breaking up again. Personally I think Xander and Dawn have a much stronger emotional connection than he ever had with Anya.

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
ANYA (to Xander) Come on, let's go assemble the cannon fodder.
XANDER That's not what we're calling them, sweetie. (walks out)

From Chosen

I've always thought they were back together after the episode Touched. Maybe I'm wrong.

YummySushiPJs
YummySushiPJs
Yes, there are things that point towards it, but it's so annoyingly ambiguous.

Angel6

Potential
I actually don’t mind the ambiguity on this one because I don’t think it would affect how Xander felt when she died, he would still have been totally devastated which speaks for the love they did have. I think they were together/certainly falling back together at that point, that’s my head cannon :)

Top Bottom