• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Wes and Lilah

thrasherpix

Scooby
Not sure how to put this. I liked it better than most ships, but that doesn't mean it was healthy or anything. There was a complexity there that felt more true rather than blind, passionate love. Sometimes the simple ways they'd do favors for each other in surprising ways made the stories more interesting and got me to think more on their characters. One of the few genuine "awww" moments I had in the entire Jossverse was when Wes tried to burn her contract with Wolfram & Hart, actually making it a top priority despite the potentially eternal dangers he was putting himself in. (I wondered then if he then realized why Oz settled the question on whether to trade the box for Willow in s3 Buffy.)

Even so, you won't find me looking for Weslah fics, let alone writing it. And I see it as more of a "seasoning" for the story rather than integral to it as say Bangel and Spuffy was in Angel, or even Fred's love triangle thing.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
There was a complexity there that felt more true rather than blind, passionate love.

Yeah, They filled a different sort of need within one another, which resulted in deep mutual care. But I wouldnt call it love.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Wesley and Lilah were in bed together while Justine was locked in a closet behind them with nothing more than a chamber pot and Wesley threatened to take it away. This is dark stuff with Wesley being a badass. But seriously what else was going to happen to Lilah? Her own people at the company did not trust her (for good reason), so she was unlikely to find anyone receptive there. Where did she have left to go for sex? With a man in the organization that was trying to bring her down, of course. It was a constant tug-of-war to see whether Lilah would corrupt Wesley or whether Wesley would "save" Lilah, but the difference was, this pairing was entertaining.

telperion66

Potential
Underappreciated ship! What did you think of their dynamic?
I loved Wes and Lilah together. Their chemistry was tangible. She brought something out of Wesley that only she could. In season four, you can tell that Stephanie is really enjoying performing their scenes together.

In storyline terms, its a shame that the series went downhill after they slayed the beast in Angel's fantasy, and of course, Lilah ends up dead thanks to "evil" Cordy. I for one was sad to see Lilah go and feel it was a loss to the series.

Maybe the writers felt there was nowhere else to go in her relationship with Wes. But she always gave an edge to the Wolfram & Hart narrative, much like Lindsey had done before her.

Top Bottom