• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Wesley Makes Me Cry

W

WillowFromBuffy

I don't think Wes is ever just a simple asshole though. He shot some guy in the kneecaps to show everyone that they had to work on Fred's case, that nothing else mattered. In that way, he had a goal.
Sorry, but I think you are grasping here :p

Let me say this: Wes, Lilah and Faith save series 4 from being completely unwatchable. The scenes with Wes and Illyra are also fantastic.

W

WillowFromBuffy

I think more things saved season 4 from being unwatchable, but *shrugs*. Agree to disagree :)
I am not a big fan of the Wes/Gunn/Fred triangle, but it is nothing ... nothing ... compared to the mess that is Angel/Connor/Evil Cordelia.

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
I am not a big fan of the Wes/Gunn/Fred triangle, but it is nothing ... nothing ... compared to the mess that is Angel/Connor/Evil Cordelia.

That's definitely true but there's some good drama there. Jasdelia is hands down the worst part of season 4. There's no excuses for how bad she is, from the writing to Charisma's terrible acting. I love Connor and Angel, and their relationship, so I think their dynamic is compelling. I also think Connor and Cordelia can be moving because of how sad it is to see a innocent teenager being taken advantage of by a manipulative "god". Cordelia/Angel is pretty awful though, with few redeeming aspects.

I think Cordelia/Connor/Angel actually have a purpose in the story. Connor and Angel are supposed to get all caught up in Cordelia so Jasmine can execute her plans without interference. It also does move forward Angel and Connor's characters. I think Wes/Fred/Gunn might be more pointless.

Wesley for me is the charactor i most identify with...a little back story here...i was definitely not a buffy fan in my teen years...buffy was a cheezy show my little sister watched one a week on YTV(being canadian that is where you watched this from) i never really got into buffy i started watching angel first(i mean being a guy angel just seemed more appealing especially since i was just entering my 20s at the same time the show was airing)i watched both shows and i loved them both but the charactor of wesley wyndom price is the charactor that most resonated with me...only because like him i was a buffoon...and then as the series went on i realised wesley was the only true representation of humanity...one demensional at times...flawed...over righteous...and for sure not immortal and not above being petty...a walking tragedy...there have been women i have loved and loved for a very long time...and as a level headed person i know it was or will never be reciprocated but for him it eventually was...even for a day which is all he got...which is something i never did but at the same time his best day was also his worst...wesley is a charactor that makes me cry

Top Bottom