• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

What are you listening? (28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Check this out. Just happened to be in my feed. I think this is probably the best kind of video like this that I've seen. And I like that they altered the song to change it up a bit. I actually sit and watched this whole thing.

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
It's "music" share time! 😂
tumblr_ptfkgxsUSZ1xd1zxmo1_500.gif

The power of arrangements in music is just magic. I love good arrangements (especially in rock music).
A folk song named "Deniz Üstü Köpürür (The Sea Surface Foams)" is, in my opinion, one of the perfect examples of this phenomenon.

Its traditional version -here, by Tolga Çandar (2002)- is sung slower in a melancholic tone with the aid of traditional instruments.

A version of the song by Kardaşlar (1973) is in more of an upbeat psych-rock style while still infused with traditional instruments.

Another version by Cem Karaca (1974), maybe the most well-known one, is heavier in terms of instrumentation and vocals.

Lastly, a more modern version by Mary Jane from 2021 is softer and again in a more upbeat tone, this time with some pop-rock influence (as well as solo-instrumental parts just as the previous ones.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom