• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What are you reading? (fanfic edition)

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
So often I want to share this - and since I'm no longer just reading Spuffy I need a new thread :)

Night Watchmen 01 - Boys and Girls of Summer
Faith arrives earlier in Sunnydale than she did in canon, and it changes everything...

Really enjoying this so far. It seems to be a series of stories, with this one being set during the summer while Buffy is away in LA living as Anne. It's mainly from Faith's perspective (which is very in character, imo) with a close bond between her and Cordelia (honestly not that surprising) and also Xander. There is also none of that bashing stuff (yet) that I'm noticing more and more these days :)

I hope the rest of the series keeps being this good, though I wonder what will happen once Buffy returns. We know from canon that she's not good at sharing her friends and Calling with other Slayers.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I've seen a lot of fanfics that play with that idea of Faith being the slayer of Sunnydale in Buffy's absence but I've never been too into them because I become a bit anxious while anticipating Buffy's return 😅 because as you said she's not good at sharing and can be very insecure.

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
That a given :)

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Glad I remembered this thread, cause I really wanted to share this one.

The Wolves At Our Backs by Angelinasway
A crossover between the Buffyverse and The Walking Dead, I am only two chapters in but am blown away by the writing, which stays true to both shows really well. As of right now, most of the focus is on Buffy and Oz (and a bit of Daryl) which is super rare, from my experience, in fic; especially as Buffy and Oz are not romantically entwined, but just close friends. My only real issue so far is that the author doesn't really know how to write Oz - who is a fairly unique character, so I get that it's a difficult voice to find - but besides that, wow I can't wait to get back to reading it.

It's gonna come bite me on the ass later that it's a WIP :D

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Any decent new Willow centric, or at least all characters involved fics out there?

Puppet
Puppet
Since I'm currently reading a lot of non-specific pairings/character stories, I will let you know if I come across any :)
ChaseRules
ChaseRules
Could you let me know too ?

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Totally forgot to mention, but I found this awesome crossover fic on TTH last month and while I haven't finished it yet, I did get to chapter 31 and I'm excited to get back to reading it later (it's over 100 chapters and complete!).

Anyway, it's a Buffy/Castle crossover, and for those familiar with Castle the show; there was an episode (with Alyssa Milano) where we learn that before he was a famous author and a father, he almost moved to England to follow his girlfriend-at-the-time when she went there. In this story, he actually did follow Kyra there, but then she broke up with him and he was stuck in a foreign country, unwilling to return to New York and prove his mother right.

So, what happens? He is almost killed by a vampire but saved by a Watcher, that's what! And then he trains to become a Watcher himself! So much fun! It's definitely Rick Castle-centered, but there's lots of fun cameos and the writer really captured both Buffyspeak and Castle's humor really fricking well!

Linky = Richard Castle, Watcher

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Have spent most of today re-reading one of my current favorite Spuffy stories, Eye of Eleos, it wasn't finished last time, still isn't finished now, but I just couldn't wait. I think nearly 15 new chapters have been added since my last time reading it :)

Priceless
Priceless
Can't read WIP, I need to know it's finished before I start.

Priceless

Scooby
AO3 has added a Seen button, so you can now mark the stories you've read and either collapse them or hide them in a search. This is a great addition to the site.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Totally forgot to mention, but I found this awesome crossover fic on TTH last month and while I haven't finished it yet, I did get to chapter 31 and I'm excited to get back to reading it later (it's over 100 chapters and complete!).

Anyway, it's a Buffy/Castle crossover, and for those familiar with Castle the show; there was an episode (with Alyssa Milano) where we learn that before he was a famous author and a father, he almost moved to England to follow his girlfriend-at-the-time when she went there. In this story, he actually did follow Kyra there, but then she broke up with him and he was stuck in a foreign country, unwilling to return to New York and prove his mother right.

So, what happens? He is almost killed by a vampire but saved by a Watcher, that's what! And then he trains to become a Watcher himself! So much fun! It's definitely Rick Castle-centered, but there's lots of fun cameos and the writer really captured both Buffyspeak and Castle's humor really fricking well!

Linky = Richard Castle, Watcher
Read it & thanks for clueing me in about it :cool:

Tank1978

Scooby
I've recently finished the dark willow trilogy by Yvonne Navarro. Enjoyed it and looking forward to starting a buffy/angel crossover series called Unseen which is another trilogy by Nancy Holder and Jeff Mariotte

ChaseRules

Sineya
What did you think of the Dark Willow Trilogy . Without spoilers of course :cool:

ChaseRules

Sineya
It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea that's for sure. I grew to like it in the comics and I occasionally feel in the mood for Dander fanfic.
If you want something weirld then how about Dawn/Spike fan fiction ?

After all they were close in the series & in real life or so i heard .

nightshade
nightshade
Read some spawn, it depends on the author to how good or bad it is.
Top Bottom