• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

What are you reading?

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Since I haven't finished a book in a while to post in the rate the last book thread, I figured I'd start a new what are you reading one.

Always have several on the go, so currently reading the illustrated version of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and also the Earthshot book.

Stake fodder

Soulless
I'm reading "A Modern Comedy," the sequel trilogy to "Forsyte Saga." It doesn't (yet) have the romantic dramas of FS, but is an enjoyable read. My biggest issue is that it doesn't always explain its 1920s references (it was written and takes place then), plus some British WWI refs, and even Google can't help sometimes.

Professor Walsh

Feminist slayerette
Black Thorn
I had pretty much stopped reading books and gone from watching very little series and movies to none. Over the course of the last (crazy) year, though, I seem to have gotten my mojo back and have gotten through the entire "Outlander" saga. Now I am waiting for the next book to come out.
Post automatically merged:

I had pretty much stopped reading books and gone from watching very little series and movies to none. Over the course of the last (crazy) year, though, I seem to have gotten my mojo back and have gotten through the entire "Outlander" saga. Now I am waiting for the next book to come out.
Oh, that wasn't my last read, though. The last one was a wee thing called "Venner" ("Friends"), a young adult novel from the very early Eighties with the clear agenda: "Tell young adults that homosexuals are people, too." It was an interesting read as it must have been one of the last young adult novels about the topic to come out in Norway in the Eighties whithout aids casting a shadow over the story.

Stake fodder

Soulless
Moon of the Crusted Snow by Waubgeshig Rice. An interesting twist on the post-apocalypse theme, which shows how Native Americans living on an isolated reservation in northern Ontario cope with the power grid suddenly and permanently going out. The author does a good job depicting the slow-burn descent into anarchy, and a clever metaphor for first contact.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I am preparing the knowledge of how to write a book that will specify how to read a book that primarily states how The House of Black Thorn keeps winning awards.
Any suggestions?

Top Bottom