• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What are you watching (10)

Mr Trick

Scooby
Ratched Pilot

Very entertaining, stylish and high class trash! The over acting and melodramatic dialogue was glorious! Sarah Paulson was made to play this role.

@Puppet Could do. Probably doesn't matter too much. Think this will work as a standalone story. Might be some tie-ins to the film of course.

Last edited:
Puppet
Puppet
Can't wait to see this. Should probably watch the original film, first, though :P

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I'm liable to wear the dvd out I watch it that often.

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
Millennium, Season 2, Episode 19 - Anamnesis
Season 2 continues to impress me. I'll refrain from saying too much, as I'm saving all the good stuff for my final review, but this episode deals with Mary Magdalene, the Holy Grail and Gnostic biblical texts 5 years before Dan Brown did it in the now popular thriller, The Da Vinci Code. The previous episode, In Arcadia Ego, deals with a pair of lesbians and the very real sexual assault of female inmates.

All these in a '90s TV show. Millennium season 2 was more woke than more than half of the '90s TV series that I know, largely attributed to the talents of showrunners Glen Morgan & James Wong.

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
@Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Figured you'd be interested in watching this:

Live action battle between the Winter Soldier and Red Hood. Battle starts at the 13:32 mark of the video.

Honestly, given what I know of the power capabilities of DC heroes vs. Marvel heroes, this battle was quite surprising.

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
The X-Files episode 19 /20
Millennium episode 22 /24
Beastars episode 9 /12
Banana Fish episode 21 /24

Just realized I'm one episode behind Beastars/Banana Fish to proper synchronize with my viewing of X-Files and Millennium. Oh well.

Just one more episode of X-Files/Millennium before I could finally return to Buffy again with season 5. Looking back, these two shows took such a long time because of this blog I constantly mentioned that has extensive analysis of each episode of both series, so I spent a lot of time reading up after watching each episode. This made The X-Files/Millennium the longest viewing in my rotation of Simpsons/X-Files/Buffy viewing order. Simpsons was easy to brisk through because each episode is a half-hour sitcom. Buffy wasn't as long because the only viewing guide was Passion of the Nerd's videos, each video lasting only 10 minutes, 20 at most.

Regardless, I'm grateful for having found that blog because I got to understand the more subtle themes of both shows a lot better, not to mention having a greater appreciation of Millennium season 2 than I would have without the blog. I would've probably been all bitter and jaded that season 2 had changed its style so drastically from season 1, like I did at the start of the viewing. lol

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya

An insightful analysis on what the upcoming Batman film could learn from David Fincher's "Seven".

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Office (UK) Series 1

I prefer the US version but still enjoy the original a lot too. Am planning on re-watching the Gervais/Merchant comedy Extras after.

Oromous
Oromous
Have fun! Love that series and Extras. Check out "Life's Too Short" too, starring Warwick Davis and a bunch of celebrity cameos (much like "Extras").
Top Bottom