• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

What are you watching (13)

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
The Queen's Gambit Ep 1&2&3
This is the best thing I've ever seen on Netflix. Not a surprise to me of course, any comment about this series since last year has been very positive.
The story is captivating, characterization is beautiful, production design is top-notch, soundtrack is refined and Anya Taylor-Joy is a marvelous actress... Emotions she conveys trace something in me that would somehow pair with them and make me miserable in the best way.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
my fave show in years!

Hunga Munga

Scooby
The Youtube algorithm is just toying with me now . :rolleyes:

Yesterday it was Timecop (1997) that dropped in my feed . I managed to choke down a few episodes of that . Today it's The Visitor (1997) . This was on Fox for 13 brief episodes during season 2 of BTVS .

I'm finding it pretty fascinating from a Buffy fan point of view . They're all fantasy shows with one foot in Hollywood movies . I think 'The Visitor' was a bigger budget show ...and seems quite decent .

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
@HowiMetdaSlayer I just finished it, I was afraid of watching it before because I knew I would stop doing anything else and just watch it, eventually, I did. It was worth it. 💝💝💝

Edit: Also, I am bombarded with redheads lately, I am only a poor human, I can only take so much beauty (Willow, Violet from BtVS; Wanda from WandaVision; Beth from The Queen's Gambit... even if none of them are actual redheads 😄)

Last edited:
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
*fellow ginger*

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Youtube algorithm is just toying with me now . :rolleyes:

Yesterday it was Timecop (1997) that dropped in my feed . I managed to choke down a few episodes of that . Today it's The Visitor (1997) . This was on Fox for 13 brief episodes during season 2 of BTVS .

I'm finding it pretty fascinating from a Buffy fan point of view . They're all fantasy shows with one foot in Hollywood movies . I think 'The Visitor' was a bigger budget show ...and seems quite decent .
I had no idea there was a Timecop TV show? I assumed you meant the film with Van Dam?

The Office (US) S1E06: Hot Girl

Hunga Munga
Hunga Munga
All on Youtube too . Well worth a squint for context :)

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Raven (1992) S1 . Just to round off my Youtube whistlestop tour of forgotten 90s television , we have Raven .:p
It's set in Hawaii , the hero is a bona fide straightup ninja :D . Lee Majors is the downtrodden sidekick : his special skill is carrying a great deal of guns about his person :D . I swear he uses an average of 4 pistols for every fight . I am loving it .

Priceless

Scooby
Line of Duty - If Hastings turns out to be the fourth man I will tear the place down. And if Jimmy is really dead I will be surprised.

TriBel
TriBel
...and if it ends as badly as The Bodyguard, kill someone.

Mr Trick

Scooby
@Priceless If Hastings turns out to be the 4th man that guy's the dumbest git on the planet. If you were the 4th person would you draw attention to the existance of said 4th person by keep going on about it? ;) Someone on youtube actually predicted Kate was H!?:D

Priceless

Scooby
@Priceless If Hastings turns out to be the 4th man that guy's the dumbest git on the planet. If you were the 4th person would you draw attention to the existance of said 4th person by keep going on about it? ;) Someone on youtube actually predicted Kate was H!?:D
I don't think it's Kate or Steve, I thought it was Jimmy Nesbitt when I saw him, which is why I don't think he's dead. But if could all be double, treble, quadruple bluff with this show. Ted could be 'H' because yes he's calling attention to a fourth man, but he's arranged it so no one actually believes him. Could it be Carmichael (isn't she great by the way?) she's so slimy

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Yeah love that actress and the character. Great villain. Don't think she's H but who knows.

Mr Trick

Scooby
@Priceless I think its possible we will never find out who the 4th H is. Or at least they won't 100% confirm it. It might be one of those final ironies for Hastings that he doesn't get that answer before he retires. Also does anyone else want a Thelma & Louise style spin-off with Kate and Jo? I so ship them! 😍

Antho

Scooby
I I have a question : I decided to watch Doctor Who ( no spoiler please). Do I need to watch the series that started in 1963 ? Or I can start to watch only the 2005 version ?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I I have a question : I decided to watch Doctor Who ( no spoiler please). Do I need to watch the series that started in 1963 ? Or I can start to watch only the 2005 version ?
It depends on how you define the word "need". No, you don't "need" to watch starting with the series premier, and can just start with 2005+.

Antho

Scooby
It depends on how you define the word "need". No, you don't "need" to watch starting with the series premier, and can just start with 2005+.
Is the 2005 version a continuity of the 1963 version or it’s some sort of a reboot that I can watch and understand without being familiar with the 1963 series ?

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Yeah you would be fine watching it from 2005. Its pretty much a reboot and a clean slate.
Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
It is a continuation but you can watch 2005 without watching the earlier and being confused
Top Bottom