• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

What are you watching (13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Is the 2005 version a continuity of the 1963 version or it’s some sort of a reboot that I can watch and understand without being familiar with the 1963 series ?
It's a continuation but... don't really need to sit through countless hours just to get to it. It's essentially a reboot but not really a reboot.

Antho
Antho
Ok

Dogs of Winter

Potential
Possibly the most British thing I've ever seen .
Just watched the one where he has the deep fried chip, peas and gravy butty, followed by a deep fried cream egg.
I cant think of anything more disgusting than a deep fried cream egg 🤮

But still absolutely Genius!!

Hunga Munga

Scooby
That bloke just oozes a down-to-earth charisma . He's blowing up on Youtube right now . Looks like a tv quality camera operator too ,

Much of the stuff he eats I would never touch ...but I love a cooked breakfast and that Bolton home kitchen is just the sort of place I'd go for a blow out . No chance I'll get a booking if I'm passing though :D .That poor lady must be rushed off her feet right about now , with all the social media trade :p .

Dogs of Winter

Potential
@Mr Trick @Dogs of Winter
All I could think was "Bloody Hell! The cholesterol in that...and is he related to Peter Kay?"
At first I actually thought it was a Peter Kay pastiche !

I am still not entirely convinced it isnt - how does someone from Leeds sound like he is from Bolton? But if he is prepared to eat a deep fried creme egg for my entertainment, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt

Hunga Munga

Scooby
I am Youtube's bitch :( . The algorithm has sensed my weakness for interesting old television . Now it dripfeeds shows into my feed whenever I stray .
So , Police Story (1974) and Police Woman (1974) . Police Story was a loose anthology show , pretty popular and an obvious influence on shows like Hill Street Blues . Police Woman spun off out of that and is credited as being the first successful hour drama with a female lead . Fading star Angie Dickinson played the lead , too old for the part written really , but her celebrity profile was what got the show made in the first place .
Watched a few episodes , including a controversial depiction of predatory lesbian killers , which was banned from rebroadcast by the network after much protest . Seems fairly harmless from 2021 but there appears to be a couple of missing minutes in the Youtube cut .

Won't be going back for much more , but I now have another boring anecdote at parties :p

Hunga Munga

Scooby
My bizarro television week is so harrowing , I have to break it down into chunks .

Most interesting for our purposes is Burke's Law (1963) and Holly West (1965).

Burke was a millionaire playboy Police Captain that solved cases from the back of his Rolls Royce . Bit of a boorish cock as it goes . In season 2 they introduced Holly West for an episode . She's credited as being the first female Private Detective on US television , though I remain to be convinced there aren't earlier lady detectives .

In her own shortlived half hour show they spiced up the original character with all kinds of secret agent crap , for instance , gas grenade earrings ;) . She was written as an American equivalent of the Avengers girls . She carries a shooter , she does plenty of Judo , has communication devices stashed in just about every item in a 1960s ladies bag , compacts , lipsticks , opera glasses etc . :p

She also has a pet ocelot in her house . It's an interesting fun show but that ocelot will probably stop me watching . It don't seem trained in any way but it never rips anyones face off . I strongly suspect it's been defanged and declawed ...and that is putting me right off .

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
When searching for a Goodbye to You video to put on a thread, I stumbled upon this video:

Things she says can be found repeated in any medium by various people actually, however, there is something in her way of conveying them that makes me actually understand the message, not just logically but also in a more intuitive manner. I'm in my mid-twenties where I already got disillusioned with my former opinions, beliefs, and dreams about life; and it seems to be the perfect time to get through my disillusionment to end up on the other side as a more grounded adult who is at peace with what is and what is not. It is easy to fall into the traps of "what if"s concerning the near future. The actual skill I need to learn at these times is to see things as they are while being able to accept them gracefully. Finding the balance between my wants, needs, desires, and what is actually possible. This realization and acceptance involve both the things I am not capable of and the things I am actually capable of. Obtaining balanced glasses is crucial but it is also tricky because being too eager or anxious to get those bears the high possibility of backfiring.
Wish me, and those who are like me, luck to not be trapped in a vicious cycle for long and to go forward constantly if not fast.

Antho

Scooby
Doctor Who season 3

I just watch the episodes « Blink » and i adored that episode. Thoses Angels are terrifying. Also I have a deep love for David Tennant 😂😀. I hope he will be the doctor for like 20 seasons 😂

Mr Trick

Scooby
Dawson's Creek S4E06: Great Xpectations

One of my favourite episodes from memory. Also its really entertaining when you get what the title means :D

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Madrid Open Round 2: Naomi Osaka VS. Karolina Muchova

Seinfeld Season 7

The last of the great seasons before a bit of a decline in the last two seasons. The George engagement plot is some of the best stuff from the whole show.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
TVD season 7 re-watch

Then I guess I should go back to finishing Supernatural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom