• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

What are you watching (13)

M

M

Enola Holmes...meh. When I first saw it, I was desperate for entertainment, and it had cute bits here and there, but I absolutely hated what they did to Mycroft, and on a second viewing found a lot more to hate. Moving on to an oldie next.

@TriBel You were spared then. Everything in Enola Holmes was too obvious, cutesie (whilst also being angry), and just didn't fit the world built by Doyle. I think Cavill and Claflin should have switched roles, and I don't see why anyone in the Holmes family had to become a villain for the sake of the narrative. It was clunky at best. What specifically turned you off?

TriBel
TriBel
I lasted about 15 minutes then gave up.

TriBel

Scooby
What specifically turned you off?
IDK. Lack of patience...crap acting? My attention span is very short. 😏 TBH, I'm not a great fan of Doyle's actual stories. I'm much more interested in the various types of detective fiction and the relationship between form, content and the social/urban fabric...the detective as flaneur (the flaneur's the precursor to Poe's detective)*. Sherlock (particularly Study in Pink) was a tour de force: how do we know the virtual city; how do we cognitively map the city (oh duh! With mobile phones)? I was hoping this would give me some insight into the female flaneur (a rare figure because "street walker" has different connotations for a woman). It might have done...IDK...I didn't get much further than "Yawn. This is crap and 11 was better in Stranger Things". 😒 😄

*Yup...I'm that boring.

• Haha
Reactions: M

Antho

Scooby
Doctor Who. I am watching the 4 movies they have done between S4-S5. I do wonder why they did 4 movies between theses two seasons while usually it’s just one special Christmas movie. David TENNANT is fabulous as the doctor. I get spoiled few days ago and I know he will leave and the doctor will have a new visage( it was predictable though) but honestly ? I love David TENNANT so much that I can’t see anyone else in his place playing the doctor. I’m afraid I will loose all interest in the series without him.
Also unpopular opinion : until now I think Donna Noble is the best doctor’s companion. I prefer her to rose or Martha.

Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
I think because they waited an extra year between seasons that time. :)
Priceless
Priceless
Donna is the best! (Of the new companions - obvs Sarah Jane was the best of the old)

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Watching lots of what we in a day type of videos to try and get some lunch ideas.

Antho

Scooby
I’m impatient to meet Clara as everyone seem to like her 😀. Right now I’m watching « the end of time part 1 ». Tonight I think I will start season 5 and maybe i will see Clara if she is the next companion. I think « end of time » this is where at the end David Tennant at the end is going to leave and let his place to the next actor 😬😑. Did you like David Tennant as the doctor watching the show ? If yes was it difficult for you to continue to watch without him ?

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
Clara is the worst. She's so annoying and thinks she knows better than the Doctor.

Priceless

Scooby
Did you like David Tennant as the doctor watching the show ? If yes was it difficult for you to continue to watch without him ?
I think I'm in the minority who prefer Smith to Tennant and think Eccleston was the best of the modern doctors.

nightshade
nightshade
Love Eccleston too
whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
11th is a sweetheart ❤
DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
Smith had some big shoes to fill and he did it well, Capaldi not so much.

Antho

Scooby
It’s done ✔. I have finished THE END OF TIME PART 1/2. Here is the new doctor ( I mean the new doctor for me where I am on the show) :
Is it him Smith ?

I have the question about « the end of time » I just saw : who is that woman that talked to donna’s grandfather ? The show seem to told us that it was Donna herself but I’m not sure I understand correctly the things...

Another question, for a mod this time : I have problems now to upload image and that it appears like in the previous message before mine.. what do I need to do?

Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
The Doctor's mother :)
Priceless
Priceless
Yes that's Smith

Antho

Scooby
I went to YouTube, to watch some clips video football. Just arrived on the page, I saw this :

I got spoiled by YouTube 😬. How ? How is it possible ? I didn’t even tape doctor who on the research Barr once on YouTube, not even one time. I just did it on google, not YouTube ! It is freaking me out !! 😱. They know I’m watching Doctor who, and now I see publicity on Doctor who everywhere every time. I just saw a publicity to buy all the box DVD, on Facebook !! 😬 They spy on me !! It is terrible, they know I’m watching DW on streaming services 😱. It’s over for me. I’m a dead man. I’m sure they even know I’m writing this right now. What a world we live in ! I’m seriously freaking.. I have zero secrets from the government people I know nothing on them.. they know everything about me.
😂😂

TriBel

Scooby
What a world we live in ! I’m seriously freaking.. I have zero secrets from the government people I know nothing on them.. they know everything about me.
I'm sure the UK media can tell you everything you want to know about Macron. 😏 They're obsessed with him and Angela Merkel - and not in a good way! 😄Worse is when you have a phone conversation with someone and then get purchase suggestions from Amazon. I think Alexa listens in. 😵

Top Bottom