• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What are you watching? #4

Hunga Munga

Potential
Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 1-2
I took a deal to get Prime Video for 5 weeks over Christmas . I had a whole Netflix/Prime Video/Youtube festive package lined up . A bit of Dharma and Greg , some Just Shoot Me, Stan vs Evil , some Buffy, a few eps pf The Mandalorian ...with a DVD set of season 1-2 of Dark Angel as an Xmas present in case of internet trouble :) . I was primed for a perfect festive media orgy .

Sadly one of my closest friends died suddenly a week(ish?) back . Bit of a downer on the schedule I can tell you . Couldn't concentrate on nowt for days but recently I have been finding a bit of comfort in checking out the Buffy HD on Prime . Will prolly run the whole show again before my trial runs out now . Bit of a security blanket but I'm still loving it :).
Just about to watch 'Whats my line part 1' ...an old favourite :) .

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope you are holding up alright. Buffy sounds like great comfort to me.
Taake
Taake
Sorry about your friend, but I'm glad you've found some comfort!

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
I was going to watch some Buffy a couple of days ago, but then got it into my head to watch a Christmas episode of the X-files, now I can’t stop! Addicted to X-files! Before long I’ll believe that the truth is out there! :p

Spanky
Spanky
One should always watch X-Files reruns over Buffy, regardless of the time of year.
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
I do enjoy the Ghost Christmas episode. Must be a few since its so far gone 11 seasons!

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Lost in Space season 2, ep 3. Bit surprised I am on ep 3 already, lots of action. I am very frustrated with the sound, the background music and bang crash action is super, super loud and full on, while I struggle to hear the voices under the helmets nor any part of whispering dialogue which there is a fair bit of. I have to keep adjusting the sound. It makes the action very annoying, and with that it is just one accident after another, somewhat predictable because whatever can go wrong does. I think that is just the nature of the show though, and I already suspect I will end this season unsatisfied.

Last edited:
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
preferred S1

thrasherpix

Scooby
I find this Lost in Space interesting in that it's a gritty scifi action/drama. But much of the charming (or annoying, pick one) campiness is gone. I don't have an opinion yet on whether it's better or worse, just that it's interesting. The new female Dr. Smith is interesting with a good tribute to both the original actor and the character, though maybe what I like best is that she's a psychopath but not the usual over sexual or ice queen as most such female villains are portrayed as. And...well the rest would be a major spoiler.

Octavia
Octavia
I really like the characters and wish they had spread it across 12 episodes to give us some time with them instead of jam packed flashy action scenes. Dr Smith is a great villain, more so in s2.
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Think it would look too dated with they went camp. Besides its meant to be updating it. Smith is a great villain I agree.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Considering War of the Worlds BBC edition 3 parter, later on today!

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
I started randomly with X-files season 5, decided to go back to season 1 and woah - the general quality comparison is like they feel two decades apart or something. Early 90s and late 90s really had very different production quality.

Mylie

Scooby
I'm trying to catch up with my shows before going back to work/school so I'm watching multiple things at the same time :

-The Good Place s4
-Atypical s3
-Legends of Tomorrow s3
-Brooklyn Nine-Nine s6

And I also started these 2 shows :
-Euphoria (currently at episode 7 out of 8)
-The Man in the High Castle (currently at 2x03) : I am enjoying this a lot! It's an interesting premise and the cast is great. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the actress who plays Gwen on AtS is the main character, I had never seen her in anything else.

And I also started my rewatch of AtS s5 (currently at 5x03)

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Quite the list! I'm having a binge watch of the Good Place to try and catch most of it as I'm considering it for an end of decade list.

Hunga Munga

Potential
Yeah with the grief and all ;) , I'm still struggling to concentrate on much for long . Seen a few more late season 2 Buffy episodes , when I was in a good place . Loving it :) . Never been a huge fan of the Angelus arc so I'll be glad once I'm clear of Acathla :) .

Also watched
Here comes the Boom
Pitch perfect
Fighting with my Family
A couple of seasons of 'The middle' and some Futurama . Trying to celebrate the holiday as much as I'm able . Might keep Prime Video for another month so I can enjoy Farscape/Supernatural / Stan vs Evil etc when I'm in a better space.

Top Bottom