• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What are you watching? #4

Hunga Munga

Potential
The Avengers Season2-3 1962-4 .
That blonde hero thread set me to thinking that I had never seen all the Honor Blackman years , the original Avengers Martial artist arsekicking lady . She was really quite something , even if the show wasn't all that in the early years.

It's fascinating stuff because these early seasons were shot on ye olde videotape 'as live' so it has far more in common with theatre than cinema . Later Avengers girls got all the fringe benefits of proper filmmaking but Honor Blackman had to nail it, for real , usually in one take ...not even sound effects to help her sell it .

Nix

Evil Nix 😈 Unicorn of Death!
Sineya
Still watching Supernatural and on a rewatch of Grimm with Abbs.

Hunga Munga
Hunga Munga
Enjoyed my last rewatch of Grimm in a big way , prolly more than the first time .

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Just started Supernatural Season 11. Decided to skip Season 10 because the storyline seemed a bit meh. Season 11 looks promising though, especially with Sam finally calling out both the brothers' behaviour and their destructive tendencies. Hopefully the season uses it to do some decent character building.

Puppet
Puppet
My favorite season :)
NileQT87
NileQT87
Season 10 has a lot of really important Cas episodes, especially regarding the morality of angels having vessels. I would never skip it. :/

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
NileQT87 Season 10 has a lot of really important Cas episodes, especially regarding the morality of angels having vessels. I would never skip it. :/

I read the season synopsis on SPNWiki, nothing seemed overly relevant and the morality of vessels has been covered before. I'm also five episodes into Season 11 and don't feel like I missed anything. The main reason I skipped Season 10 was Dean, I hated the Mark of Cain storyline (until they linked it to the Darkness) and Dean's behaviour while under the mark was becoming too much to watch. Also I needed some space from the whole Gadreel-Sam-bodyjacking mess. I figure if I really need to know anything, I can always just look it up on the Wiki but I really find with later-seasons SPN that you don't need to watch all the episodes or all the seasons, as the story becomes quite thin and therefore easier to keep track of.

Puppet
Puppet
Did you at least watch 10.05?
NileQT87
NileQT87
Cas has several episodes dealing w/ the Novaks (some of my favorites along w/ season 9's human/fallen angel arc) and finally gets his grace back (Metatron related). Sorry. I still wouldn't skip those episodes. Dean doesn't really get any better.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Puppet Did you at least watch 10.05?

Nope. Skipped the whole season.

NileQT87 Cas has several episodes dealing w/ the Novaks (some of my favorites along w/ season 9's human/fallen angel arc) and finally gets his grace back (Metatron related). Sorry. I still wouldn't skip those episodes. Dean doesn't really get any better.

Well, guess it's good that you didn't skip the eps then! I was still more than happy to and, like I said, I didn't feel like I missed anything.

Puppet
Puppet
Ok, well, if you read the summaries I guess you didn't feel any need to watch it, so nothing I say can change your mind :)

Nix

Sineya
Just started a rewatch of The Vampire Diaries (with Abbs)...

Mr Trick

Scooby
War of the Worlds (2019)

New BBC 3-part version of the Wells novel. So far its not doing much for me. The characters are quite annoying, but the posh toffs quite funny! The special effects are impressive. Maybe once it gets more into the Alien story it will grip me more.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
Supernatural s7 was so much fun to watch that I was thrilled to get into s8. Uuuuuuuugh. I think I remembered s7 unfairly, but s8 is just the worst. I'm like 8 episodes in and already it seems like this season has gone on forever, in a bad way. I can't stand Sam, most of the episodes just feel like an extended couples therapy for the boys, and plot is meandering at best. Not to mention that there is zero chemistry between Sam and Amelia. Like the only characters I'm really liking are Benny and Cas. Oh and Kevin's mom.

I've been enjoying re-watching SPN so much lately, and frankly just skipped s6 completely, that I'd forgotten there was a reason why I stopped watching this show for a while.

Puppet
Puppet
S8 is one of my favorite seasons, but that's because of the second half :)
RachM
RachM
Yeah, Season 8 was a struggle to get through, verrrry slow and bogged down. Just do what I did, skip ahead to Season 11 :P
Reactions: Nix

Nix

Sineya
OMG I can't keep up with Abbs, she is now watching Supernatural season 1... and loving it!! I thought it would be too much but she can't get enough!

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
@Puppet That gives me hope, but I may have to look up some spoilers to see If it is worth getting that far, can’t remember what happens anymore and can’t really tell where it is going either, lol

edit: Also, you liked the Hitler ep, not sure I trust you 😋😉

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Supernatural Season 12

Not as intense as Season 11, but still enjoyable. Lucifer possessing the President was interesting and I'm very keen to see the Kelly storyline play out. Also enjoying the return of Mary, although I'm hoping her character gets a bit more development. Celebrating The Life of Asa Fox is probably my fave episode so far. I get the feeling this is more of a filler season, setting up the next big arc for Season 13, but it's still fun to watch.

Taake
Taake
I really loved seasons 11-13!

Mr Trick

Scooby
Twin Peaks: The Return (2017)
My first re-watch since it aired a couple of years ago. This time I'm watching it with a friend. I'm ready for the ride once more:D This time around I noticed Ben's "Is that Mum's hat?" line to Jerry in the pilot!:p

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Americans season 5

It all went a little bit Sci-Fi at the start of this season, ha! Good riddance to one character at least..

Top Bottom