• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What are you watching? #5

Mr Trick

Scooby
Hunters Season 1

New Amazon Prime series produced by Jordan Peele. I don't know if its brilliant or ill-judged and messy. But I'm intrigued to see more. Its very pulpy and stylish, with shocking moments. Strong cast too.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Criminal Minds pilot. Never seen a single episode of this show before, so that's, like, 15 seasons to catch up on :D
Only a few episodes in, but did/does anyone else totally ship Morgan/Garcia? :D

Black Thorn
I’ve picked up doctor who again...
I stopped watching part way through Matt Smith as the Doctor and in now onto season 8, I’m also watching the newest season as it comes out too. And wow is there a big difference in quality. I’m going to see it through but the newest companions are making me lose brain cells.

Athene
Athene
What's your favourite season? :)

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Still Criminal Minds and I'm definitely enjoying it. Despite how utterly predictable it is, there are decent characters and good enough writing to keep me wanting to continue. I just have to learn not to read the damn guest stars! I just spend 75% of an episode, not buying any of their red herrings because the biggest name was obviously going to be the killer and I was waiting for the recognizable face to show up :(

Priceless

Scooby
For those in the UK, Torchwood has been dropped on BBC iplayer, so I will be watching that soon. I stopped after the first season and I don't remember why, because I did enjoy it 😏

one eyed chicklet
one eyed chicklet
I freaked when I found out earlier! It felt like it was being ignored to be honest.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Criminal Minds: Riding the Lightning - kinda both loving and hating the ending. Definitely the best episode of the show so far.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Six Feet Under Season 2 (2002)

One is a tall act to follow but this season gets off to a flyer. Love the trippy Twin Peaks feel to the dream sequence in the first episode. Nate getting high at dinner is fantastic!

My Brilliant Friend Season 2 (currently airing)

This show has an attention to details and a truthful acting that immerses you into the world of the people living in post-WWII Naples. Along with having a magical quality to it, the show is also extremely frustrating and hard to get through because of the unlikable characters and the disturbing events including betrayals, spitefulness, sexism, injustice, and all forms of violence, from verbal one to rape. It paints a realistic picture of that particular time and place, a harrowing and painful one, but it also retains a sense of hope and wonder.

Mr Trick

Scooby
My Brilliant Friend Season 2 (currently airing)

This show has an attention to details and a truthful acting that immerses you into the world of the people living in post-WWII Naples. Along with having a magical quality to it, the show is also extremely frustrating and hard to get through because of the unlikable characters and the disturbing events including betrayals, spitefulness, sexism, injustice, and all forms of violence, from verbal one to rape. It paints a realistic picture of that particular time and place, a harrowing and painful one, but it also retains a sense of hope and wonder.
Does it carry on from last season? Thought it had a funny ending. Also is the one Magge Gyllenhaal is directing or writing?

Does it carry on from last season? Thought it had a funny ending. Also is the one Magge Gyllenhaal is directing or writing?
It starts pretty much where the first season left off, but this one is quite darker from the beginning. There's a particular scene in the first episode that I could barely watch. There's still the magical spirit of season one within the story, but with the protagonists growing up what they have to face becomes more difficult (both for them, and for the viewer to witness). And I didn't know Maggie Gyllenhaal was working on an adaptation as well, but it seems she got Ferrante's approval to adapt one of her others books outside of the Neapolitan series. That shall be exciting.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Oh yeah that's what I thought. Love Gyllenhaal.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Criminal Minds S2 - I really enjoy the writing, it keeps surprising me by not doing the cliche thing that other crime shows often do, but my god, when are they going to have an unsub that isn't a white male??? There have literally only been white males as the bad guys for over twenty episodes! I know they make up the majority of killers, rapists and such, but it's not just them o_O

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Watching Liam Duke's Ats S2 review. I wouldn't usually watch the end of season reviews because they're so long but since I'm lying in bed it's great background noise.

Puppet
Puppet
I hope to listen to that one soon, too, preferably before his next AtS episode reaction comes out.
Top Bottom