• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What are you Watching # 8

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Vicar of Dibley Series 1

Never really watched this. Have a feeling I'm in for a treat.

TriBel
TriBel
You call yourself British and you've never seen TVoD?! I'm gobsmacked! :-0 You realise they could revoke your passport for this omission? :D

Mr Trick

Scooby
I should dislike it for lots of reasons - but I can't. There's a teeny-tiny part of me that wants to live in Dibley. 😊
Oh its great! Am loving the end gags with her and Alice. It was funny seeing Peter Capaldi show up with light brown hair. What a difference 20 years makes :D

TriBel

Scooby
Oh its great! Am loving the end gags with her and Alice. It was funny seeing Peter Capaldi show up with light brown hair. What a difference 20 years makes :D
Stop it! You can't go back! I watched the Christmas episode earlier in the year. It's corny as hell but still laugh aloud. I've just watched The Best of Alice Tinker and tears are rolling down my face.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
The Vicar of Dibley Series 1

Never really watched this. Have a feeling I'm in for a treat.
Oh it‘s fantastic. And I’m not a comedy person.

It might be her first season I was thinking of. Even so I stand by my view of him just being clickbait, but probably sexist.
He’s really not. The past two seasons have been awful. Ratings are in the toilet.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Oh it‘s fantastic. And I’m not a comedy person.

He’s really not. The past two seasons have been awful. Ratings are in the toilet.
Yeah but her first season ratings were very good. I think part the reason the ratings are in the toilet is because of streaming culture and the fact TV shows very rarely pull big ratings anymore. I still smell rat considering how he's singling her out and not the show in general. Plus how he jumps on every little thing.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
He's actually done a lot of videos, and is mostly critical of Chibnall. Not liking Jodie Whittaker's Doctor (which a lot of people think is terrible) doesn't make him a sexist.

People tuned in in the first season to see what a female Doctor would be like. If you compare tv + streaming/DVR viewing, Capaldi had higher ratings than Whittaker.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
No, but I think he's part of a negative culture which treats women different to how they treat men when it comes to such things.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I never would have thought it would have made such a good spotlight

emspace

Townie
Rewatching BtVS Season 1. Y'all inspired me. But I wish I could change the aspect ratio on my DVD or my TV because in 1997 our TV's were all still square, and now they're all rectangular, and the picture is stretched to fill the screen, and everybody looks misshapen and squat. Even Cordelia and Willow. 😒

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
I've watched The Crown S3 E1 one hour ago, and wow the cast are played by different actors, I'm disappointed. :(
I got used by the old actors, it seeems weird now. I also loved how Margaret was played in the first couple of seasons.

Ghost Boy
Ghost Boy
Yes, I agree! I wish they had kept the same actors and actresses. Vanessa Kirby was great as Margaret in seasons one and two.
Top Bottom