• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What are you Watching # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
I can think of several really good shows on Netflix: Stranger Things, The Haunting of Hill House, Orange is the New Black, Babylon Berlin, Unbelievable, The Crown, GLOW, Russian Doll, The Umbrella Academy. Diablero, DareDevil & Altered Carbon. Not too mention some of it's documentary series like Wild Wild Country, Evil Genius, The Last Dance, The Devil Next Door, Filthy Rich, Dirty Money & The Movies That Made Us. And that's not even including it's documentary movies. Just saying. :oops:

Spanky
Spanky
Not all of those are Netflix shows though, they are shows that Netflix distributes.
Taake
Taake
I feel proud that I’ve seen at least one of those shows!

HowiMetdaSlayer

@Spanky
Most of the above are Netflix originals. I think the only one's that aren't are Diablero & Babylon Berlin. Evan sans those, it's still a pretty darned good list!

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
@Spanky
Most of the above are Netflix originals. I think the only one's that aren't are Diablero & Babylon Berlin. Evan sans those, it's still a pretty darned good list!
I didnt know some of those were considered comedies. But I will pass on the majority of them. OITNB and Stranger Things started out good but turned to crap. OITNB had more good seasons than Stranger Things at least. I couldn't get into Haunted at all. GLOW & The Umbrella Academy are not my kinds of shows. Daredevil had one really damn near perfect season and the rest was slog. I don't think Altered Carbon sounds all that titillating.

So yeah, back to my first point: I can't stand Netflix shows.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Never said they were. Your comment about 'Netflix shows being bad' didn't specify comedies. Seems like you're denouncing a whole company based on pretty marginal amount of actual viewing. Just saying.

Spanky
Spanky
The comment about comedies was I didn't think Russian Doll was listed as a comedy. That's why I didn't think it was a Netflix show, as I was looking at the dramas.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Seems like you're denouncing a whole company based on pretty marginal amount of actual viewing. Just saying.
Yup. Because I haven't found many Netflix shows that I actually find interesting for more than a season or two, or that I can stomach to watch past the pilot episode. Even Mindhunter S1 started out good and I was begging for the show to end because how friggin monotonous it became. So yeah, I can't stand Netflix shows. I think they suck. I've seen enough to formulate that opinion.

If someone tells me "this is good, you should watch it" I will and I'll sometimes be surprised, like I was with 13 Reasons, but other than that. Nope. Burnt me too many times.

Last edited:

Mr Trick

Scooby
I don't understand anyone saying ST turned crap after the first season. If you like the first season then you're pretty much going to like the whole show up to this point. S2 and 3 kept to the same spirit, but develop the character and themes. For many S3 was the best yet.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
S1 is amazing. I thought that season 3 was better than S2 overall, but both were pretty darned good

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I don't understand anyone saying ST turned crap after the first season.
Oh, I think a lot of the first season was crap but I could deal with it. The whole first season was just homages and scenes taken from other movies. Stranger Things season one was TV Memberberries. When I saw the second season was following the same formula I tuned out half way thru I think.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Oh, I think a lot of the first season was crap but I could deal with it. The whole first season was just homages and scenes taken from other movies. Stranger Things season one was TV Memberberries. When I saw the second season was following the same formula I tuned out half way thru I think.
It does develop into other areas though. S3 goes into the whole Cold war era and gets into the impact of malls in American. Also it has the feel of a Carpenter or Cronenberg film at times. Maybe as a show I'm more drawn to it because I like the era of Hollywood films its referencing. But IMO it also has quality writing, characters and acting.

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
All dogs go to heaven - Supernatural s6
I should never have re-watched this ep. Now I’m back to suspiciously eyeing my dog, watching for signs that she is a human in disguise... 😒

Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
She is. No doubt about it. They all are.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I got to watch Hush and Doomed with my friend I'm so glad I showed her Buffy because it really helps me see the show through new eyes and she surprised me by picking Giles as her favourite 😄 she's obsessed with him.
And for some reason she's attached to Forrest 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom