• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What are You Watching # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
"Give me a second, would you, Frank? I've never been on trial for my thoughts before."

Ahahaha! That's the witticism of Aaron Sorkin dialogue that I love so much! You have my attention.

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Staff member
Black Thorn
Finally

Love this 😂
@Priceless did you see it?
@Puppet some cool edits, though I am sure you’ve seen the unedited one :) Return of the good kitty!

Priceless
Priceless
I did see it. A love this girl! She seemed honestly stunned.
Puppet
Puppet
Currently waiting for her Lovers Walk reaction to come out, actually, since I'm ahead :)

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
Language warning.

I really need to rewatch the animated film. This video made me appreciate it so much more.

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya

Wow! Holy smokes! I love this trailer! And I love Anthony Mackie (he's such a chill guy)! And I love mind-bending thrillers! Definitely going on my watchlist.

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya

Horrifying and disturbing, the musicless scene of the Angel of Death taking away the breaths of the firstborns. Still holds up beautifully. One of my top three favorite animated movies of all time.

If you have your earphones plugged in (or have your volume turned up), you could hear the cries of an entire nation waking up to the death of their child still lingering in the background as Moses approaches Ramesses. The sound design of this film is amazing, among other aspects of the film.

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya

I love this clip for many reasons:
  1. Brad Dourif is known to have played a number of characters who are psychopathic killers, be it Charles Lee Ray from Child's Play or Luther Lee Boggs from The X-Files. Audiences watching this would immediately assume that Brad's the killer here.
  2. Many earlier horror movies tend to portray characters with disorders (a stutterer in this case) to be psychopathic killers, which is a lazy and dated cliche.
  3. If this was any ordinary slasher movie, the woman in the clip here would actually be considered a pretty smart victim who knocked out the window when the door is locked. Typical victims in slasher films tend to head inside the house or building when they find out the door is locked. She also carried a pepper spray when she became wary of Brad's character being a potential killer.
  4. The urban legend here is pretty famous, and I love how only those who only know about the legend knows the truth of what's portrayed here.
  5. The way the dialogue is scripted here, plus the way the revelation is framed, plus the way Brad performed his final line, it all culminates in a very well-executed scene that's shocking (to people unaware of the legend) and riveting. Very well done scene.
I know this movie was criticized for copying the self-aware meta craze started by Scream (one of my favorite horror movies of all time), but dang, it's clips like this that makes me wanna watch the film.

Edit:
I'm watching an episode of Millennium that played around with urban legends like this movie, including the one shown in the video here. I like how they kinda subverted that legend by having the guy at the gas station being successful in warning the victim about the crime (because he isn't a stutterer like Dourif's character). However, this was before Urban Legend's initial release date in September of '98 though; the episode in question was released February '98. Just a nice little fun detail to notice here. I think I like the subversion in the movie a little more.

Last edited:
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Urban Legend is a guilty pleasure of mine. Have a thing for the lead girl.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn

Anyone checked him out? He's fairly new, but it's a fun concept, the way he does it.

forbuss

Witch
Sineya
I fell down a YouTube spiral of watching old Goo Goo Dolls music videos...

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
Language warning:

A battle royale death battle between "The Seven" and Billy Butcher from "The Boys".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom