• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What are you watching?

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Ink Master

TriBel
TriBel
I like your banner! That's really nice snow! :)
Spanky
Spanky
Thats one of my guilty pleasures. Plus a longtime fan of Dave Navarro.

Puppet

Black Thorn
Misfits. It's the first time in a while, so it's fun to notice little details that I missed the last few times I watched it. Sticking with just S1 & 2, it's a great show.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
I'm totally hooked and can't stop watching these sisters playing...
The younger one has no constraints or limits at all. lol
Not my usual thing but I can't help loving this.

/SK

HoppyHippy
HoppyHippy
reminds me a bit of my little sister lol

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
I'm totally hooked and can't stop watching these sisters playing...
The younger one has no constraints or limits at all. lol
Not my usual thing but I can't help loving this.

/SK
It's crazy that they are playing to/with rocksmith. I guess that shit works.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
It's crazy that they are playing to/with rocksmith. I guess that shit works.
Well, if you got some talent and puts in a crazy amount of time it sure seems to work.

It's quite fun to see their progress. The first video is from 6 years ago.
She has improved quite a lot since then.

/SK

Puppet

Black Thorn
Ink Master S9.

Last time I watched the show, this was where I quit, cause the concept was too different from what I was used to. This time, I saw just long enough to get to the aspect of bringing in veterans and now I'm annoyed that I quit last time. I love when veterans return :D

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Filthy rich and homeless season 2. I feel like everyone should watch this on boxing day. The rich peeps were crying after a only a few hours out there, huge shock for them and now I realise how flippin tough I was. Two of them are begging for hot coffee... One has found food in a bin, the 19 year old doesn't know what the heck to do to get food after 24 hours but she still has mascara on. I hope they never forget how helpless they felt and actually use this to make change.

The ABC Murders (2018)
New 3-part BBC adaptation. It started off well. I think John Malkovich is a good choice to play Poriot even if his accent is a bit hammy.

Watching "The Kids are Alright". I wasn't born during the seventies, but the kids' antics remind me so much of the late eighties and early nineties when I was a child.

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Tomorrow when the war began - the series. I was stoked to find this still up on iview. I am not far in and already there are a number of changes from the book, but some were needed to modernise it. I like that they have more of a true aussie scenic feel rather than the epic aerial landscape of the movie. Some sets are very similar to the movie, I can't remember if the book had that same detail. A few scenes cant be changed so again it mirrors the movie, with different faces. The budget is obviously less but it feels like a faster run and I hope we get to see more of the books played out on screen. Some lines would come across as choppy to someone who hasn't read the books. It feels made for the fans, it doesn't explain much or develop the characters. I'd guess most aussie teens have at least heard of the series if not read it or seen the movie.

Chris as Fi's brother makes sense. I like this Corrie more than the movie Corrie. Ellie is how I imagined original Ellie to be, but Caitlin Stacey did such a good job with the character its sorta hard not to see her! I thought Kevin was Homer at first. I prefer movie Homer to this one. The invading army are Asian again. I had pictured them as Russian when I read it the first time. The book never specified.

The filming of this is slightly more suspenseful than the movie was, I have read the books a million times and my heart is really pumping for them. There have been enough changes so far in the first episode that I feel like anything could happen. The lack of music makes the scary scenes scarier, a common thread in aussie horror movies too. I have just finished episode one and my stomach is in knots.

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
Midnight, Texas. Season 2 :D Only just started it but I have missed it :D

Puppet

Black Thorn
Channel Zero S3. I gotta say, this show 'scares' me more than most horror films, I'm really loving it.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Need to get back into watching that! Started S1 last year.
Made a start on the new BBC version of Les Miserables. I had mixed feelings on the first part. Some of the dialogue was a bit cheesy and at times the acting was hammy. I much preferred the Domanic West side of the story than the Lily Colins part, but it is just epi.1

Watched Jools Hootenanny as normal with my family, plus some classic TOTP. And today been watching some classic Parks and Recreation.

Top Bottom