• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What are your "emotional support" foods?

Black Thorn
Most of us have those days when we're feeling a bit down. 😯 And some of us immediately grab something to eat. 😆

What are your go-to foods when you're blue?

As for me:

Chocolate brownie ice cream
Grilled cheese sandwich
McDonald's fries & Chicken McNuggets
Toast & butter (with strawberry preserves or honey)
Peanut butter on crackers

Before anyone asks, no, I don't eat all of that at once. 😛 And I'll probably think of more stuff later. How about you guys?

603ebe1d5ed4d90d153127653f372ad1.jpg

80346c4ff27d3fc51ad4a5e7ac5288ad.jpg

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Flavoured milk
Peanut butter on a spoon
Dark Chocolate
Bacon (depending on how much energy I have which is usually very little when I am low, I might have this with honey, or vegemite or cheese) Today was a bacon, cheese, egg, rocket and mayo tiger roll. Im totally wiped out in bacon bliss.
Tomatoes with pink salt (in excess)

I used to love maccas, but now the drivers side window of my car doesn't wind down far enough to fit food in and I don't love maccas enough to go inside. Plus, I have a super great kitchen now so cooking is MUCH easier.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
-Pasta, usually smothered in cheese
-Mashed potatoes
-Buttered popcorn
-McDonalds fries with ketchup
-Melted Nutella straight from the jar

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Seaweed
Zucchini fries

Taake
Taake
Zucchini fries! Never heard of, sounds good
HoppyHippy
HoppyHippy
Ohh I might give zucchini fries a go with my next lot.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
- Nachos with sour cream, salsa and melted peppered cheese.
- Big pile of chips covered with cheese and baked beans (student food!)
- Cheese and pickle on crackers
- Homemade sausage rolls with herb infused sausage meat.
- Toasted cheese sandwiches
- Apple pie and vanilla ice cream.
- Melted smarties/M&M's (you put them on a hot water bottle for a while so the insides go all gooey.)
- Malteasers

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
@Taake Is good. Asparagus fries on the other hand, no so much. Carrot fries are not bad either but not like zucchini.

Taake
Taake
asparagus fries sounds kind of gross.
nightshade
nightshade
Parsnip fries are good
brinkster130
brinkster130
but do you like avocado fries? or portobello mushroom fries?

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Last month was a bad month, emotionally. I also spent my money way faster than usual. There was a definite connection there, and that connection is called McDonalds.

Spanky
Spanky
Last month was a bad month, emotionally as well.
Amber Bunny Slippers
Amber Bunny Slippers
Awww, you two. *hugs* ❤

NeddaSai

Potential
3_300x300.png

This nondescript strawberry cake. There's a place that sells them right next to my house and it's just heaven.. I count it as a personal achievement when I walk past without going it.

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I used to get subway as my main takeout when I lived in the shed (it was closer than maccas). Anyway, saw this article- 2 Nov is world sandwich day.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/ch...-sandwich-day-to-help-foodbank-ng-b881008932z

Subway are giving away a free sub, salad or wrap with every purchase on Friday, to celebrate World Sandwich Day.

For every purchase Subway will make a donation to Foodbank, who help feed the nation’s hungry.
The need for food relief in Oz is almost as high as the emotionally unstable rate.

More than four million Australians (about one in six) have experienced food insecurity in the last 12 months, and programs like this help Foodbank to bridge the gap.
Totally considering heading to subway tomorrow! I need new garden gloves from the city anyway.

Black Thorn
The perfect meal would be In and Out's double-double burger (animal style!), McDonald's fries (large!!!), Jack in the Box's strawberry shake...AND Chicken McNuggets with sweet & sour sauce. 🐷

Puppet
Puppet
McD's fries are the BEST!

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
@brinkster130 Oh girl!! Where you bean all my life?! I loves me some portobello mushrooms. Never even heard of porto fries. Oh my word. Oh my word!! Get your narrow hindquarters (see, I didn't say ass, was trying to keep it pg) in the kitchen and fix me some woman. Seriously. That sounds amazing. I am damn near drooling.

brinkster130
brinkster130
you've been missing out!

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
As I miss GwenRaiden and Gwennie Poohs misses me so much (as if) I'd do something to honour her not being here. I go into the back garden and shoot a Kangaroo.

mmmm Kangaroo's, the Australian equivalent of the Scottish Haggis.

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
How could I forget chicken burgers! But they are less emotional support and more migraine support. If the belly stops moving, the migraine hits worse. And a chicken burger from the truck stop is SURE to keep things moving.

I didn't end up driving to subway today, and am now a bit annoyed that I didn't, because I am trying to cook the chicken to make my own chicken burger/sandwich and the bloody power has gone out! The chicken is only half cooked. I think I need a chicken burger from the truck stop to avoid a meltdown :p but their power has gone out too :(

I thought while I have time - I could share the easy crumbed chicken method. It is KFC for country people, but much slower and less fatty than real KFC. Also way more hassle, especially if you have no power!
Chop chicken, coat chicken in flour, whisk egg and pour over chicken to coat, pour breadcrumbs over the lot and roll it all around to ensure all is coated, add seasoning to taste. Chuck in oven or cook in oil, depending on your tastes and needs. Add to sandwich, salad or dipping sauce

As it turns out all my emotional relapse foods are prohibited with my metabolic condition, so the hamster wheel has turned very literal, I eat because I'm sad and I'm sad because I eat. Haha
1. Coffee
2. Soda
3.Burger and Fries
4. Poutines
5. Chedder Cheese
6. Any desert with soy leitchin which is all of them including diary ice cream.

My other foods were actually just what I ate and cooked all the time, breakfast foods for breakfast and dinner, every night, I was a mad man ok but I didn't know how to cook! It was either Bacon and eggs or Sausages and smashed potatoes. I quit that and haven't had bacon or eggs in years, need to stop moaning and just get on with the de facto vegetarian with restricted poultry diet.

Sineya
For you @HoppyHippy, the list of 11 herbs and spices and their proportions as used in KFC. BTW Harland Sanders was the first famous person I ever met and he lived about 4 km southeast of me at 1337 Melton Drive in Mississauga.

2/3 tsp salt
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp basil
1/3 tsp oregano
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried mustard
4 tsp paprika
2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp ground ginger
3 tsp white pepper

HoppyHippy