• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question What are your favorite Giles moments ?

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Giles has so many brilliant moments!

I love his quote about books...
"Smell is the most powerful trigger to the memory there is. A certain flower or a whiff of smoke can bring up experiences long forgotten. Books smell musty and rich."

SunnydaleGlitz

Potential
Sineya
So many great moments already mentioned..

There's a single moment in Dead Man's Party which is amongst one of the most touching Giles moments ever (for me) - he goes into the kitchen to fetch trays of tea after he sees Buffy has come back and he overhears Buffy and Willow's friendly banter. And he just stops and smiles and has to pull himself together. It's a private moment of deep happiness and relief that Buffy's back. It's just such brilliant, subtle acting from him (amongst many brilliant moments.) ❤

Also - in Something Blue, when Buffy croons "Stop it..." when she and Spike make out, his pained "Yes. Please stop." gets me every time.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Ok you guys said by afr the best ones, so it was hard to find new ones but I tried:

His quote in the Wish ``Because it has to be'' is one of the most powerful moment of hope in all the verse.
When Buffy realise why Giles is cleaning his glasses all thew times!
Giles little drawings in Hush
Giles scaring Maggie as a demon
Technically not real Giles but Dream Giles of Restless is amazing!

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
When Giles takes one of Cordelia's hair pins to unpick the door.

When he's talking to Snyder about a sixth sense!

katmobile

Scooby
A lot of these but for me 'you must perform the ritual in a tutu, you berk'.
It's not just it's a funny line but it takes nerve to sass a psycho who's been torturing you for hours - bad ass.
Also chasing Maggie Walsh down the street in demon form.

NeddaSai

Potential
Glory Minion: No word shall pass my lips that would bring peril to Glorificus!"

Giles: "Girls, get the twine that's on the counter. Let's tie him up."

*crunch*

Minion: Aggh! Don't! I'll tell you anything! Please! Whatever you want! Just... anything!"

Anya: "What happened?"

Giles: "He changed his mind."

Also, In the same scene when he heard a tiny commotion and opened the back door and slammed the minion into it, surprising the audience/Willow.. Just awsome!!!

gnarl

Potential
Sineya
Can't claim this is his best moment but the scene that popped into my mind when I saw this thread is from 'I Was Made to Love You', when he pretended there he had loads of books about robots "just to watch Xander squirm".
I think I liked it because it suggests a closeness and comfortableness between him and Xander that is very endearing.

Top Bottom