• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What are your top three episodes of Angel Season 1?

Your top three?

• Lonely Hearts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Fall to Pieces

• Sense and Sensitivity

• Bachelor Party

• Expecting

• I've Got You Under My Skin

• The Ring

• Eternity

• War Zone

• Blind Date

• Total voters

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
  • Rm w/a Vu - Best Cordelia-centric episode of the show (yes, that means better than Birthday and You're Welcome), it really digs into her character, gives her some great lines, great depth and a win at the end. We also really see the trio working as a team, as Doyle helps Angel, Angel helps Doyle, Doyle helps Cordelia, and so on.
  • Hero - I've heard people say that it's overrated and only remembered as being great because of the last five minutes, but I could not disagree more; the whole episode is amazing, as it builds up to the last five minutes, making it even more special when you see it on a rewatch and recognize all of the signs.
  • Sanctuary - This is an easy pick for me from the two Faith episodes of this season because this is the one where we really get to see the raw side of a girl who has hit rock bottom but doesn't yet know how to climb her way back up again. My only dislike in this one is Buffy, but I'm over it by now; it is what it is.

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
To Shanshu In LA - Great finale, the beginning of great episodes that will be made of ATS. My favorite finale of ATS.
Five By Five - The End is groundbreaking
In The Dark - The last time Spike is threatening & scary until at least BTVS S6 (Smashed).

Priceless

Scooby
For me it's 5x5, Santuary and Parting Gift. The two Faith episodes are great and move the show up a level. Parting Gifts sees the core team of Angel Investigations coming together for the first time and this is the best AI will be.

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
IWRY and Hero are my absolute favorites but it was hard to pick a 3rd. I went with Sanctuary but maybe I should’ve gone with 5x5. The Faith mini-arc was excellent.

I also liked Parting Gift for a lot of reasons: intro to Wesley as part of the team (the leather pants, “rogue demon hunter”🤣) plus Cordy gets her abilities. In the Dark with Spike & Oz guest-starring is so great. Rm w/a Vu is great character development for Cordy and just an awesome plot. To Shanshu in LA is an amazing surprise and cliffhanger and really gives us direction for the next season and actually the entire show.

Top Bottom