• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What Buffyverse characters and aspects should return for this show?

slayer730

Potential
Now that this project has been established as more of a sequel than a full on reboot, I think its safe to say that the team behind it will consider the idea of older characters returning. Which characters (from both Buffy and Angel) do you think would be good candidates to return and which ones do you think would not? If you think they should return, then what role would you like to see them potentially play in the new story?This doesn't count Buffy herself, because I think in her case it will be more of a "when" than "if" as far as her return if the show is successful. In Buffy's case I still pose the same question as far as what you think her role in the story should be.

Also, what references to past Buffyverse plots and events would you like to see? These references can be be important (EX: Sunnydale being mentioned as a town destroyed in 2003) or unimportant ( EX: the dimension of shrimp) as you want.

Angel6

Potential
I think Giles could very feasibly return in some capacity. I would really steer away from too much of it. I would maybe just have a line establishing that Buffy had retired and started a family or something. I think the s8- onwards stuff and all the Bangel vs Spuffy stuff is so divisive it should be avoided at all costs.

Kratos

Scooby
I think depending on how well the comic reboot is received they might go back to the original idea and reboot the series. At least that is my hope.
Agreed. I didn’t like the idea of a complete reboot at first, but it seems the best way to be able to start things afresh. A reboot doesn’t tarnish the original. I’ve enjoyed a few reboots such as TMNT 2003 and Ducktales 2017.

Angel6

Potential
I think I’m more in favour of a contemporary reboot than any quasi continuation.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
I'm pretty sure that it'll be some sort of continuation. Probably years later with a whole new slayer, watcher & friends (and enemies/frenemies). I'm simply hoping that they can play with the canon. Basically trash anything from the comics. Shoot I'd be cool with them tossing a bunch of stuff from the later seasons, for that matter.

Spanky
Spanky
Everything after The Gift was just a coma dream of Buffy. When she was lying there at the end of the episode, she wasn't really dead, just resting.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I think I’m more in favour of a contemporary reboot than any quasi continuation.
Do like they did when they rebooted the movie and keep Buffy as the only carry-over character. I think if they did that then it would really be a success.

Well, the problem with a reboot is it's gonna be so hard to recast those iconic roles..

I'd actually prefer a movie with the original cast, I guess (kinda like in Sex and the City).

Still probably gonna watch the reboot though I guess!

Besides the main cast, I'd love to see Anya back!

fauxindigo
fauxindigo
Anya's dead!

Mr Trick

Scooby
I would like to see Buffy appear in a passing of the torch type thing in the first episode and maybe once or twice more.

One character I wouldn't mind seeing outside of the core cast is Willy the Snitch. I think he's a character who could have a role in an modern Buffy show.

Echo126

Townie
I would love to see Faith and Spike show up. If feel like one of the main things in buffy is the road to redemption. And these two characters really did it for me. Obviously there are more important characters that went through it (Angel for one) but I think having a Slayer pass down her story would be cool. Especially that in this day and age, people want so badly to change the world for the better that they might be willing to cross some lines to justify the means. Who knows better to cross lines than Faith and Spike (and all other characters at some point lol).

And please understand that these are the characters I would like to see come back. I'm not saying they're better than any other characters. It's simply what I'd like to see. :)

fauxindigo
fauxindigo
god yes please

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I would like to see the big bads cast as exclusively surviving Firefly actors. It's something of a tradition now.

fauxindigo
fauxindigo
Morena Baccarin to make up for her not getting the role of Jasmine on Angel like she was originally intended for.

BuffyBot22

Scooby
Well I would honestly prefer if it was just a full reboot. I don't know if I want history rewritten too much. I like my own headcanon that eventually Angel became human and Buffy retired as a slayer and they lived happily ever after. If Buffy comes on as a recurring character they will prob update the audience on her current life and ruin my perfect happy ending head canon lol.

Echo126

Townie
Well I would honestly prefer if it was just a full reboot. I don't know if I want history rewritten too much. I like my own headcanon that eventually Angel became human and Buffy retired as a slayer and they lived happily ever after. If Buffy comes on as a recurring character they will prob update the audience on her current life and ruin my perfect happy ending head canon lol.
Dont worry. SMG doesn't want to return for the reboot. And I'm pretty sure they'll probably just keep Buffy's life story to a minimum. So as far as you're concerned, buffy and angel lived happily ever after :p

BuffyBot22
BuffyBot22
YASS my headcanon stays true

DagonSphere

Potential
Honestly, I always wanted a continuation of the Buffyverse, in forms of movies or spin offs or whatever, but now so much time has passed that I am not sure if I want to see a continuation, especially with the original characters, because I just cannot imagine it. I cannot imagine where they would even start from with the characters in their forties. It seems like that could really tarnish the original if the characters came back as older versions of themselves and it sucked I feel at this point, it would be a better idea to start off fresh with new characters, new storylines, and if they rebooted the entire universe, they could also get rid of some of the inconsistencies and logic errors of the original mythology. I'd be totally down for a cool, clever, diverse and profound reboot that keeps the elements in place that made the original series such a joy, the humour, the action, the rooting for the underdogs-stuff.

fauxindigo

Scooby
Buffy & Angel (now human) are together, living off the grid. Maybe on a tropical island. Still fighting evil when it pops up, but the thousands of other slayers across the world allow Buffy to rest somewhat easy... and she needs the decoy slayers because she's world renowned & more of a target than ever. The new slayer main character could even interact with one (or more) of Buffy's decoy slayers. I definitely think she should come to understand that she's stronger working with a team/gang of friends like Buffy did... but also realizing her own personal power.

I like Echo126s idea of having Faith & Spike show up... even Willow & Giles as well.

I love Dawn, Xander, Oz, Riley, Wood, Gunn... but don't imagine them in the new spinoff... unless Dawn is somehow friends with this new slayer.. Or like J.August Richards tweeted about Gunn being the new slayers watcher- an idea I could definitely get behind; even though the watchers council was always a joke, maybe it could've been re-established for this new series... led by Giles & Willow.... That way, the original main characters (some anyway- mainly Willow & Giles...but also Faith, Spike, Buffy & Angel) could be overarching figures in the series, but not in every episode/season.

Some ideas from the comics... like Amy being a villain, Harmony being famous & outing vampires to the world... could be worked in eventually, but from the start anyway, I feel like this spinoff should start on a smaller scale, in this new slayers world (city high school or all American midwest small town), maybe a bad home family life where her friends are her saviors/family like the original scoobies), handling her newfound power. I'd have her slayer powers kicking at the same time as her adolescence, as if Willow's spell back in 2003 wasn't just a one shot deal, but continued to produce legitimate slayers from all potential slayers with each generation.

CHK DeWilSon

A BAngel fan. Always.

All of this so I'd want a complete reboot with new characters but have no problems if the odd character from BVTS it ATS pops up but I don't think it should be in a full time capacity but it would take the spotlight off the new characters and would inevitably be that some would want the focus on those characters when their stories have already been told plenty of time on the screen and in the comics.

Plus I'd also rather have my own headcannon and not have to hear about any characters or relationships that would likely be bias in the writing especially if any writers have spoken about any prefences for certain characters or relationships which is why I'm not that interested in the new comics. It's great that they can possible get a new audience to read them but they are changing character's traits and SLs that had me invested in the buffyverse in the first place and those are the characters that were created then that I will love always. Not any newer hip or dark version catering for a different kind of audience.

Btvs fan

Scooby
Buffy & Spike (now human) are together, living off the grid. Maybe on a tropical island. Still fighting evil when it pops up, but the thousands of other slayers across the world allow Buffy to rest somewhat easy... and she needs the decoy slayers because she's world renowned & more of a target than ever. The new slayer main character could even interact with one (or more) of Buffy's decoy slayers. I definitely think she should come to understand that she's stronger working with a team/gang of friends like Buffy did... but also realizing her own personal power.

I like Echo126s idea of having Faith & Angel show up... even Willow & Giles as well.

I love Dawn, Xander, Oz, Riley, Wood, Gunn... but don't imagine them in the new spinoff... unless Dawn is somehow friends with this new slayer.. Or like J.August Richards tweeted about Gunn being the new slayers watcher- an idea I could definitely get behind; even though the watchers council was always a joke, maybe it could've been re-established for this new series... led by Giles & Willow.... That way, the original main characters (some anyway- mainly Willow & Giles...but also Faith, Spike, Buffy & Angel) could be overarching figures in the series, but not in every episode/season.

Some ideas from the comics... like Amy being a villain, Harmony being famous & outing vampires to the world... could be worked in eventually, but from the start anyway, I feel like this spinoff should start on a smaller scale, in this new slayers world (city high school or all American midwest small town), maybe a bad home family life where her friends are her saviors/family like the original scoobies), handling her newfound power. I'd have her slayer powers kicking at the same time as her adolescence, as if Willow's spell back in 2003 wasn't just a one shot deal, but continued to produce legitimate slayers from all potential slayers with each generation.
Fixed :):p

fauxindigo
fauxindigo
I LOVE me some Spike (obviously) & his chemistry with Buffy but I just never pictured them together in the long run. Even though Spike may have deserved the Shanshu more than Angel, I feel like it would be more full circle if it was Bangel in the end
Top Bottom