• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What Buffyverse characters and aspects should return for this show?

white avenger

white avenger
Now that this project has been established as more of a sequel than a full on reboot,
This is all news to me. I was of the impression that they were going to pretty much go back to a variation of "Welcome To The Hellmouth." Is it supposed to take up after the end of Season 7, and pretty much ignore "Angel" Season 5, or does it pick up after "Not Fade Away"?

Or does it, by some chance, take up the story after the end of Season 12 in Dark Horse?

genghiskhan

God among men
The characters that I want would depend on whether the comics would still be considered canon or not because some of the characters I only really came to like after the show ended.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black sun/blood moon
Black Thorn
I'd like to see Connor and Dawn make an appearance. They're married and have two magical kids. That would be awesome.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
They should bring back Anne. She's the mother of the new slayer (showing a mixed race couple on television is still uncommon especially when the woman is white and the guy black) and she called her daughter Buffy after the original series Buffy who helped her get her life back on track and saved her from Ken.

As a brief memory flashback or maybe as part of a bad dream, they could show the scene from Lie to me where Spike comes in and starts feeding off Anne (it would be a nice little in-story cameo that links back to the older series without all the fanfare of "this week our guest star is...."

Also, using Anne would explain why the scoobies don't appear on the show. She's not in contact with any of them and thus they can't be called in to help.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
You know, it does occur to me, if Buffy stays dead after the gift, it really does make a usable scenario. SMG doesn't have to make an appearance. The Slayer Army is gone. The Watchers are still active. Sunnydale is still a place. Cordie, Anya, Tara, even Fred can still be alive. The Trio never formed, so three freelance chaos wizards are still around. The First never showed up. Angel still happened in broad strokes, heck, Buffy could have come back years latter, or is even a higher being, and anything would be better than the last two seasons and the comics. Joss's original vision!

Top Bottom