• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question What characters in the Buffyverse should (or shouldn't) have been killed off?

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Don't kill: Tara, Anya, and Jonathan
Kill much later on: Mr Trick & Sunday
Kill: Andrew
Abort: Dawn

Sorry Dawn fans, life may begin at keyception, but this Cousin Oliver little ball of energy story line needed to be avoided aborted at all costs! 😩

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Abort!! 😂😂😂

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Sorry Dawn fans, life may begin at keyception, but this Cousin Oliver little ball of energy story line needed to be avoided aborted at all costs! 😩
The show started to derail in Season 5 when Dawn appeared. In my view, the true canon of the show is Seasons 1-4 whilst Season 5 onwards is the Dawnverse. Also if Buffy was supposed to end after Season 5, then its a terrible idea to introduce a previously unseen and unheard of character that is suddenly sooooo important to the main lead that Buffy is willing to sacrfice her life for her. If there had been no Season 6 or 7, then it's a good bet that Dawn would've been considered the most hated character in the Buffyverse (until Connor came along and took that crown).

genghiskhan
genghiskhan
Connor made me appreciate Dawn.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
You know, it does occur to me that Warren was killed by Supernatural means. Willow could have revived him, and, if she was truly contrite, she should have at least tried.

WillowFromBuffy

Buffering...
They. Should. Never. Have. Killed. Cordy.

Her story from "Birthday," where Cordelia is unwittingly prepared as a vessel for Jasmine, through to "You're Welcome," when the character is finally put out of her misery on a show that has long sought to shake her off, runs like a scar through AtS that has caused immense damage to the overall quality of the show.

genghiskhan
genghiskhan
Personally, I was pretty happy with her death (in the kindest way possible). I kind of got bored of her after season 2 and it was nice to see actual Cordy back one last time to put Angel on track and say goodbye.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
It's not so much she died, it's that she died off screen for no good reason. Arguably, her death in "The Wish" was more meaningful.

Vulpixx91

Townie
Tara and Miss Calendar should have lived. I loved Joyce and was really sad when she died, but I do understand why she needed to die at that point in Buffy's character arc.

Anya should have had a more dignified death, not a split-second shot in the last 15 minutes of the show.

Kennedy and Riley should have been killed off.
Edit: actually, all the potentials, bar Amanda (she was the only potential who got a decent introduction and had some semblance of a personality imo). Most of them were so annoying and ungrateful.

Dora

Scooby
Only watched Buffy so....
Kill
Spike
Andrew
Dawn
Parker
Snyder
Ethan

Not Kill
Buffy the 2nd time
Tara
Joyce
Miss Carpenter
Cordy and Kendra

Faith 2019

Woman verses Woman
I wished they did not killed off TARA. True, the story of Dark Willow was interesting, until she broke down after she was told she was loved. I do like the Dark Willow, and liked her a bit more that way. It would have been more interesting, if it was Willow vs Tara and they used their magic against each other until Willow returned to normal. Sure, you can be in a lesbian relationship and fight your lover. It happens all the time in lesbian relationships. But, I can also see that it was a new idea to have a positive role model of lesbians on TV during that time. I could see the blow back of two lesbians end up fighting each other until one wins and they get back together again. Still, I think it would have been more interesting then killing off Tara.

Top Bottom