• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What do you like about Connor?

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I've not long finished watching Angel S4, and Connor has been on my mind a lot. But most of the threads about him are negative, and I think I've heard and read every single negative thing about him, in detail and repeatedly.

I like Connor more each time I watch the show. It's probably helped by the fact that I like Angel, because Connor's entire storyline revolves around his relationship with Angel.

I like the fact that on AtS there are no happy endings, and I appreciated the hell out of the writers stealing away the baby to give us adult angry Connor, ruining Angel's plans for a happy family.

I had a great amount of empathy for both Angel and Connor, because I thought their emotional motivation was perfect. I understood them and why they acted the way they did.

I also think Vincent Kartheiser gave an amazing performance. The switch he did between being completely broken by Cordelia's manipulation in Inside Out, to the Connor we see under Jasmine in Happy Shiny People. He can change his face so much (a proper face actor) to look almost like a different person.

If you like Connor too, add your own positivity :) don't be scared!

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
I appreciated the symmetry of Holtz taking his revenge on Angel through his son, just like Angelus hurt Holtz through his daughter. And of course, the symmetry of Angel being hated by his son just like he hated his own father.

I also really love the end of Connor's arc in 'Home', with Angel giving him away, and sacrificing his own happiness for his child - which Holtz could never really do.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Considering he was raised in a hell dimension by a psychopath I'm always impressed by Connor's natural moral compass. No doubt he does some bad things and gets manipulated easily but as a general rule his default is always to try and help people. He's got a good sense of humour, which I think comes out a little more in the comics than the show.

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
How did I miss this thread?? I love Connor! He's my baby. I feel so protective of him.

I've said this plenty of times before, but Connor is a true hero. He grew up without humans, other than Holtz, completely isolated, in abominable conditions, and he's still a deeply empathetic boy. He feels the pain of others, he's helpful, he's kind and surprisingly gentle for someone who grew up surrounded by violence. The fact that Connor isn't a total monster is a wonder. He's such a good kid. All he wanted was to be loved. His father betrayed him, his other father was a monster in his eyes and too obsessed with Cordelia, and Cordelia was manipulating him. He was an innocent kid, who never had any options or chances, and was met with indifference and contempt by everyone he knew. Fred tasered him when she found out about Angel, Lorne disliked him, and his own father didn't have much patience for him a lot of the time. The adults in his life should have protected that baby they had once loved so much, instead of blaming him for his anger and prejudice against demons and vampires. Obviously. Connor is a victim and his atitude is understandable, but no one really tried to comprehend him apart from Cordelia... *sigh*

What do I like about Connor? He has a good heart, can be really sweet, and is loyal, strong and compassionate. I adore him.

GraceK
GraceK
I love this post. I feel the same way. :)
Bluebird
Bluebird
Lol I reread the first post and was like 'yeah I agree' nodding along, before I saw the name... even I forgot I made this thread!
Top Bottom