• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

What games are you playing #2

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Nobody's challenged Illyria to a game of Crash Bandicoot? You have to know the game and be ready if she comes around.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I play almost every type of game, apart from FPS, and yet I get a terrible slagging for playing the Lego games. They're mindless fun! Sometimes you want something you can interact with and turn off your brain. My Slay the Spire addiction is all quick maths and after a long day I don't wanna be doing mental arithmetic. Therefore Lego.

Bluebird

Black Thorn
Double post, objection! No one posting in this thread? Objection!
I'm playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. OBJECTION!

For those no in the know, it's a game of the visual novel genre - that is you make some key decisions now and again but it's really an interactive text based story. It's a lot more exciting than the description I'm giving it. The series is very Japanese (questionably so at times - magic panties anyone? Characters with tits so big you could rest your dinner plate on etc) but at the same time it is very knowing and breaks the 4th wall occasionally. It's like a game that was made to make memes from but yet the original version came out about 2001. I'm glad I found these games anyway. So wacky and fun. Very different from destroying the brain or removing the head to carry on.

Bluebird

Black Thorn
Been away from the boards a bit because I'm playing Final Fantasy 7 Remake. I'm about halfway through and it's pretty good overall. I do enjoy the combat and understand why it had to be changed up (FFX is still my favourite combat from the old era we can't return to). The only real criticism I have is the difficultly levels. There seems to be quite a jump between easy and normal.

But yeah, having fun playing this silly camp nonsense. A 23 year wait for something is always gonna bring almost impossible expectations but it's been reviewed pretty well.

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
I've been playing loads of Animal Crossing. Nintendo nailed the release date on that one. But it really is a great distraction for everything that is going on outside. And it requires zero brain power which is even better.

I also still play Splatoon2 on the side.

For the first time in a while there is no release date that I am really looking forward to in the near future. So I have a feeling I will be replaying a lot of old games.

AnthonyCordova

modulating between criticism and reconstruction
Sineya
I haven't played any video games in a long time but I've been waiting for two games: Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 and Cyberpunk 2077.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I’m waiting on Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 also. I played Redemption on PC years and years ago and am excited to play the series again.

Super excited for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla:

And right now playing the Witcher 3.

Spanky
Spanky
I saw the trailer too.
AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
Oh yeah, there's AC Valhalla coming out too. Forgot about that

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
I have mostly been playing Sudoku lately...
Well, at least I stare at some random numbers for hours. I do find it surprisingly relaxing though.

/SK

Kratos

Scooby
Started playing denpa men they came by wave for the 3DS. It’s really cool how you can catch monsters from the game detecting different Wi-Fi signals.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Animal Crossing:New Horizons, got it a week after it came out cause lockdown.

BrendanT

OUTLAW
@HowiMetdaSlayer That's great. I hope you are genuinely enjoying it. I know I did! I properly completed it 100% Just busy playing online now.

I love that aspect of the game just exploring the massive world deep of creative activities and fascinating challenges to complete. :)

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
@HowiMetdaSlayer That's great. I hope you are genuinely enjoying it. I know I did! I properly completed it 100% Just busy playing online now.

I love that aspect of the game just exploring the massive world deep of creative activities and fascinating challenges to complete. :)
How far do you have to play before you can (mostly) just explore? Just finished the opening cabin checkpoint. :oops:

Top Bottom