1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What happens to Glory when Ben dies?

Discussion in 'Season 5' started by Fool for Buffy, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy BFF of Sour Patch Kid

Sineya
    I understand that Glory can only surface on Earth by sharing the body with Ben. But when Giles kills Ben, what happens? She's a god so she I would think she can't just die. But she also can't go back to her home dimension without the key. So where does she end up and would it be possible for her to ever resurface?

2. Athene

Athene Scooby

I think she'd just need to find another vessel, which would take some time.
    Apparently she'd been using Ben as a vessel for his entire life and it's only when he got to the age that he did that she started using him to manifest herself into the world.
    So maybe in about 20 years she'll come back using somebody else as a vessel.
    Either that or she did die when Ben did because she was using him as a vessel at the time.

Fool for Buffy likes this.
  3. GraceK

GraceK Grr Arrg

Are we saying that Glory...is Ben?

Stoney: LOL :D
  4. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

It would have been a real twist if killing Ben had released Glory full time.

Puppet likes this.
  5. Fool for Buffy

Sineya
    I feel like it should. Gods don't just die.

6. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Giles would feel extra guilty that because of his actions which released Glory, Buffy had to sacrifice her own life to save the world. It would also give him a more emotional reason for leaving in season 6- he can't bear the guilt that because of him, Buffy died and was then brought back against her will.

Still wouldn't make sense why he would add to that guilt by abandoning her, though if he left early enough, he wouldn't see that things were getting bad.

7. Athene

Athene Scooby

Giles should have felt so much more guilt for killing Ben anyway. Ben was an innocent and a human which makes Giles a murderer. I get that Giles believed that it would kill Glory but it might not have even killed her. She could be somewhere just waiting to rise again in another vessel. Also Giles was way too eager to kill Dawn for my liking. What a jerk.
    This is a bit of topic sorry :/

8. Fool for Buffy

Sineya
    The Dawn thing bothers me as well. Giles was unfair and unreasonable and also ignorant. (It wasn't the only way)

Puppet and Athene like this.
  9. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

I've often thought the same thing about the First Evil and Caleb. Caleb was the F E's vessel, though not exactly in the same sense that Ben was with Glory. I wouldn't be surprised to see either or both of them pop up again sometime, and wouldn't that be one helluva team up to have them both there at the same time?

Fool for Buffy and Athene like this.
  10. GraceK

GraceK Grr Arrg

I have to disagree. Ben was not an innocent. He summoned the Queller Demon to kill off all the crazies, and he was willing to kill Dawn to get a chance at being human. That was a big scene, Glory convincing him to go along and let Dawn die and she would give him a body. He may not have asked to be sharing a body, but he was willing to let an innocent girl die. I think that was meant to show a parallel to Dawn..both didn't ask to be created, both were pawns to a bigger destiny...but Dawn was willing to sacrifice herself for the good of mankind when Ben was going to participate in ritual murder. Giles had to kill him, left alive Glory would have resurfaced and made everyone pay.

11. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

Was that ever really established? Isn't there a possibility that Glory somehow struck a deal with Ben at some time in the past, maybe when he was just a teenager, to be her vessel in return for certain considerations, pretty much the way that Caleb supposedly did with the First Evil in Season 7, Angel would do with Twilight a few years later? I'm not saying that that's exactly what happened, but there is definitely the possibility. If that were the case, then Ben pretty much got what he had coming to him.

12. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    We never see the beginning of Ben's transformation but perhaps his story paralleled Giles, who summoned Eyghon in "The Dark Age" and had to deal with the repercussions. Ben did know something about magic since he called down the Queller demons. He may have been granted favours in exchange for willingness to host Glory. He may have regretted it and that is why he chased Dawn away.

13. Athena

Athena Belinda Staff Member

Black Thorn
    She inhabits my body.... why else do you think I almost always have a Glory av? :p

Dum dum dummmmmm :eek::D

MarieVampSlayer, sk73 and Stoney like this.
  14. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Wasn't Glory put into Ben's body when he was a baby and it was only during Season 5 that she started manifesting? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

MarieVampSlayer and Puppet like this.
  15. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    Do you have minions serving your every whim? Must be nice.

16. AndrewCrossett

AndrewCrossett Satsu Otaku

Sineya
    The First Evil was able to imitate Glory in season 7, so she was dead according to that standard. I think being trapped in our dimension had real consequences for her... including the vulnerability to be killed if her vessel was killed. Which is a big reason why she was so desperate to get back to her home dimension.

Puppet likes this.
  17. AlphaFoxtrot

AlphaFoxtrot Potential

I believe Lorne once said that anything that enters the Physical Realm and takes a body can be destroyed, and the Knight Commander seemed confident the Beast would die with Ben. My guess is normally, Glory can’t die, although her form could be destroyed, she could reincarnate herself in time. Like how Ra still existed in Angel, but couldn’t really do anything, and lost his power protecting the Sun. However, Glory was bound to Ben, and would be dragged screaming to “polar” hell when Ben died, and would be, well, whatever happens when gods are at the mercy of the Lords of the Underworld.