• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What if Drusilla had gotten the chip?

What do you think would've happened if Spike and Dru had come back to Sunnydale for the gem of Amara and then whilst Spike was in LA trying to get the gem back, Dru got caught by the initiative?

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
Spike would have broken her out and then taken care of her

:)
This. Spike would have been quite happy to dote on Drusilla and bring her his fresh kills. Their relationship deteriorated, because Dru felt Spike was losing his edge.

I don't think any other vampire in the Buffyverse could have taken Spike's journey to redemption.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I think Dru could've just hypnotized some brain surgeon to remove the chip eventually. Until then Spike would've been happy to fetch and carry various victims for her.
Maybe he could've indulged in a bit of wanton destruction against the Initiative for doing to Drusilla what the bleeding Nazi's tried to do to him! :)

Even though Spike would have looked after her, I think Dru would have been driven even madder if she couldn't kill and torture. Spike only discovered he could hurt demons because he was helping the scoobies, and Dru would never be in that situation

I think Dru getting the chip would've shown a very human side to the pair because it's not something that they themselves can fix. Dru would be suffering through lack of feeding (because she can't bite anyone and she would probably be mistrustful of packaged blood since the initiative were feeding the vampires drugged blood), and Spike would probably feel helpless and frustrated because there is nothing he can do to fix the situation. He's not a brain surgeon and he can't threaten violence to get the chip removed because it won't work. He can get revenge, he can make members of the initiative pay for what they did to Dru, but he can't make them remove the chip.