• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

What if Kendra had been turned into a vampire?

Priceless

Scooby
Kendra would have made a far more interesting Vampire than she ever did a Slayer. I'd imagine her to be quite authoratarian, as she was a very by-the-book Slayer, but she and Dru would have made a very interesting relationship. I'm not sure she would have lasted very long as Buffy would have had to kill her.

Priceless

Scooby
But she'd have slayer/vamp strength, in addition to Dru (and possibly Spike) as allies. Buffy might find herself outmatched.

Now that's a fight I'd have like to have seen, Buffy going up against those three. Wonder if Dru could have thralled her, she didn't get to use that power enough imo.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
And would Kendra's human/vamp/slayer condition possibly allow her to go out during daytime? Or just late afternoon even? Fascinating thought.

Priceless

Scooby
And would Kendra's human/vamp/slayer condition possibly allow her to go out during daytime? Or just late afternoon even? Fascinating thought.

Lol I wouldn't have thought so, though I guess if it were overcast and she stayed in the shade she'd be okay :)

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I would have loved to have seen a Slayer turned vampire. Especially a slayer trained from youth. I think Kendra could have been really clever and may not have even confronted Buffy, Buffy would have to hunt her down instead. Kendra didn't strike me as the boastful and arrogant type (Spike) looking for a fight. She would have enjoyed the riches and power that she was forbidden in her slayer life. Drucilla with Kendra together would have been a fun team. Left Spike in the dust and made a modern whirlwind across the globe.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
My guess is the Slayer's Power is resistant to the Vampire source, the blood is incompatible, so to speak. Also, a Vampire x Slayer Hybrid would have all the knowledge of a Demon Hunter, and would in short order kill or enslave the local coven, becoming the New Master.

thrasherpix

Scooby
In one of the anthologies about Slayers taking that 18th birthday test, one Slayer got turned into a vampire. She was especially strong, but also still very anti-vampire, and after she killed the vampire who turned her (to his surprise, IIRC), she committed suicide by sun. IOW, the demon didn't get her soul, but it seemed like it was in her body with her so she had to destroy herself. It wasn't the suicide of the depressed exactly, more like she had to kill the thing that was now herself.

I've heard of a comic that features a Slayer turned vampire but never read it. Of course none of this is canon. Even if I'm remembering right that writers in the show oversaw the anthologies, they'll change their own official canon on a whim.

NeddaSai

Potential
I would've loved it, I remember reading an (unofficial?) Buffy novel where the villian was a Vampire Slayer Vampire.. it was very interesting!

Am I imagining this or wasn't this the idea for Sunday? Then they nixed it for some reason?

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I didn't like Kendra enough of a character to feel like I wanted more of her in a bigger story by being turned, I think there was enough going on that season as it was.
However Faith being turned by Angelus is season 4 would have been great.

Angel6
Angel6
Yeah imagine Angelus and Vamped Faith going back to sunny dale to terrorise the gang.

Cohen

Hellhound
I would've loved it, I remember reading an (unofficial?) Buffy novel where the villian was a Vampire Slayer Vampire.. it was very interesting!

Am I imagining this or wasn't this the idea for Sunday? Then they nixed it for some reason?
Slayer/Vamp would have been MUCH more interesting than secret government demon hunters gone rogue.

katmobile

Scooby
Season nine one of the Villians is a slayer turned vampire. I get the impression it's pretty rare but it happens.

white avenger

white avenger
In one of the anthologies about Slayers taking that 18th birthday test, one Slayer got turned into a vampire. She was especially strong, but also still very anti-vampire,

Season nine one of the Villains is a slayer turned vampire. I get the impression it's pretty rare but it happens.

As I recall, that Slayer/vampire combination combined the power of both, making her something of a super vampire, but, as far as I can remember, other than her creation, nothing was ever done with the character. It was kind of like the mantis eggs from Season One, just left there as a sinister element of something coming later, but never got developed.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Kendra would have made a far more interesting Vampire than she ever did a Slayer.
Yea probably. I like the idea of Kendra being turned. IF they had built Kendra up as more of a character and closer relationship with Buffy, it could have been an interesting arc to have her be turned by Dru and then Buffy having to stake her fellow slayer. It's a similar situation that they did with Faith in season 3, but a Slayer that is also a vamp could have been a really cool idea.

Yea, I recall hearing that information too. And it would have been a cool idea for Sunday, who was already a cool one-off vampire.

GreyWalker1958
GreyWalker1958
I can see her and Spike sparring harder than Angel would later so with Gwen

GreyWalker1958

Potential
Seeing that Boom Studios variant cover of Vamp!Kendra makes me wish Joss made it a thing. That way, we can still have Faith and it'd been a right treat to a 2-1 Slayer fight to remember.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Seeing that Boom Studios variant cover of Vamp!Kendra makes me wish Joss made it a thing. That way, we can still have Faith and it'd been a right treat to a 2-1 Slayer fight to remember.

It might be treading to close on the Buffy vs Angelus fight in that Buffy would have to fight and kill someone she cared about.

Top Bottom