• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What if Wesley had never kidnapped Connor?

Black Thorn
Just how different would've things been? (Including if Holtz and Justine had died before they could cause any mischief)

Angel was a GREAT dad, as we've already seen. And the kid was surrounded by people who'd fiercely protect him. Fred and Wes were brilliant enough to tutor him eventually, and Gunn could teach him how to fight....or somethjng.

What do you think?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
We would have had to watch Connor go through diaper training, elementary school and high school, get a girlfriend, play school sports etc. I could see Angel being asked to come to the school one day to pick up is son if Connor gets sick or injured - "Sorry I can't do daylight, how about tonight?" The one thing Qu'ortoth did was accelerate the story so Connor could return as an adolescent. The "Gee, I'm a dad" phase lasted long enough as it was.

After raising a daughter, I have repressed everything about her growing up. Go ahead, ask me for some anecdotes about her growing up, I don't remember any. I could never claim to be a natural father but everyone else (including her) seems to think I did a good enough job.

We would get a different Wesley too - one who didn't overstep his boundaries in a way we have already been familiar with in a universe where mind control is common.

Black Thorn
We would have had to watch Connor go through diaper training, elementary school and high school, get a girlfriend, play school sports etc. I could see Angel being asked to come to the school one day to pick up is son if Connor gets sick or injured - "Sorry I can't do daylight, how about tonight?" The one thing Qu'ortoth did was accelerate the story so Connor could return as an adolescent.

He could be homeschooled by Fred and Wes.

It's possible that because he's the child of two vampires, he would mature rapidly. For example, one week, he's five, the next, ten, and so on. In fact, it would be hilarious when he hit thirty...imagine that scenario. 😂

Connor: Dad, could I use the car for an hour?

Angel: My car?

Connor: Uh, yeah. Your car.

Angel: When did you learn how to drive?

Connor: Gunn taught me last week.

Gunn (Looks at Angel sheepishly, then shrugs)

Angel: Connor, even if you CAN drive, you don't have a license.

Fred (clears her throat): Well, umm...

Angel: Please don't tell me.

Fred: I took him to the DMV for a license

Angel: Why doesn't anybody tell me these things?

Connor (smiling): Well, can I use your car now?

Angel: NO.

Last edited:

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
So... if Wesley had never kidnapped Connor that would mean that Jasmine would have had no influence, if Jasmine would have had no influence Angel and Darla would never have had the conception, presumably because Angel would still be stuck in the hell dimension he was sent to when Buffy stopped Acathla. So if Wesley never kidnapped Connor that's only because Connor was never born. Wesley had to kidnap Connor.

Black Thorn
So... if Wesley had never kidnapped Connor that would mean that Jasmine would have had no influence, if Jasmine would have had no influence Angel and Darla would never have had the conception, presumably because Angel would still be stuck in the hell dimension he was sent to when Buffy stopped Acathla. So if Wesley never kidnapped Connor that's only because Connor was never born. Wesley had to kidnap Connor.
Details, details. *accidentally stabs you*

So, it might've been interesting if Connor had also been a vampire, seeing as his parents were. A vampire with soul. 😂

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I think they still would have needed to have written Connor out some way, perhaps via Wolfram and Hart instead of Wes and Holtz.

LemonBanana

Scooby
Sineya
Hmmm, this is interesting because my head automatically says, “YES! That would be great!” However for the show it would have been a bit tedious, if they could just skip to him being a grown up without growing up in a hell dimension it would make the show a bit odd. I think Connor would have had a better life as Angel was a great dad, and the others could do the things that Angel couldn’t do (like take him to school), however no one cares about REAL life stuff, so for the programme it’s better and more interesting if they threw him in a hell dimension and he grew up a bit wonky! And quite frankly, I’m not sure if I could have dealt with more ‘coochie coochie’ Angel, it just wasn’t right! 😊 💕

We wouldn't have had to live through anywhere near as much real life stuff as people are saying - Connor would not yet be three by Not Fade Away. No school, no girlfriend, not even much in the way of potty training (easily skipped over - it's not like anyone else goes to the bathroom in the show). Once the drama of his existence was done as a story line, he would just be quietly tucked away in the background and occasionally referred to. Much in the manner that soap operas the world over manage new babies once the 'new baby' story line has run it's course.

I kept him around in my rewrites (I didn't mean to, but I was writing the kidnap scene and it was just so damn painful that I stopped everything and planned how s4 could work without him (his role would have been altered anyway - it's a rewrite) and then had Wes succeed in kidnapping and getting him away to hide him, so no Quortoth - by the time Angel caught up with Wes it had only been a few weeks). It's very easy to write around a young baby - you just occasionally mention that he's sat on someone's knee in a scene or have Angel ask if Connor's 'upstairs sleeping?' when he gets back after a fight. He spends most of s4 either sitting on a mat playing with his toys whilst the story happens around him, upstairs - off the page - hidden and protected whilst Angelus is on the rampage or just asleep. Then they get to Wolfram and Hart and god love 'em they have wrap around daycare (canonically that is - Lilah is annoyed she never had children because one lawyer pulled her firstborn out of company day care to sacrifice them in order for the 70 year review in s2). He barely makes an appearance once he's safely stashed in the creche (I mean - that's an exaggeration, but there's no need to worry about 'where the baby is' in big scenes ... he's in the nursery.)

Top Bottom