• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What is your favorite thing about Spike?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I like how he is a complete poser and had to create this whole personna to make him feel better about himself, and gets trapped in it, only for his love for Buffy to allow him to shed the personna and finally become his true self.

Hunga Munga

Potential
Similar to Spankers , I love vainglorious posturing Spike ...blowing his own trumpet about how badarse he is :D . Love how Marsters pulls that off .

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Aside from the swagger, the style and his love of Drusilla, he was the one with intelligence and situational awareness.

When Oz left and the scoobies were trying to delude themselves into thinking Willow was handling it well, he was the one to say she was just hanging on by her fingernails.

In "The Yoko Factor", he knew exactly how to sow division among the scoobies - it took them a while to realize they were being played.

His speech in "Pangs":

Spike : You won. All right? You came in and you killed them and you took their land. That's what conquering nations do. It's what Caesar did, and he's not going around saying, "I came, I conquered, I felt really bad about it." The history of the world isn't people making friends. You had better weapons, and you massacred them. End of story.

and

Spike : You exterminated his race. What could you possibly say that would make him feel better? It's kill or be killed here. Take your bloody pick.

One of the dramatically useful but not particularly smart things about the scoobies is that as a group, they don't seem to have a handle on motivations of other people / demons. Spike is the counterpoint to this and his psychological knowledge is one of the things that is used sparsely but effectively for plot and character development.

Priceless

Scooby
His good looks, his swagger and his sense of humour. I also love his positive attitude; Dru's left, well he'll just torture her till he gets her back, he's got a chip in his head and wants to die, but then discovers he can still fight, well bring on the demons! Even when making the ultimate sacrifice he does it with a smile on his face. The woman he loves more than anything tells him she loves him, and he doesn't believe it, but he doesn't whine, he thanks her for saying it. I know he has his miserable moments, but it's these positive ones that make me love him.

Last edited:

CHK DeWilSon

A BAngel fan. Always.
The wickedness of his relationship with Drusilla but that there was a genuine love and care for each other especially for the first half of the 2nd series.
Sadly the arrival of Angelus took Drusilla's full attention of Spike and they were never to be the same again.

spikenbuffy
spikenbuffy
I agree

katmobile

Scooby
His good looks, his swagger and his sense of humour. I also love his positive attitude; Dru's left, well he'll just torture her till he gets her back, he's got a chip in his head and wants to die, but then discovers he can still fight, well bring on the demons! Even when making the ultimate sacrifice he does it with a smile on his face. The woman he loves more than anything tells him she loves him, and he doesn't believe it, but he doesn't whine, he thanks her for saying it. I know he has his miserable moments, but it's these positive ones that make me love him.
I think you've pointed to another positive aspect of it and it's what he tells Ilyria - it's his ability to adapt to a changing situation - it's why he endures - its a feature of both his fighting style and his lifestyle - he adjusts into doing what he needs to and won't rule out a tactic because of pride.

Priceless
Priceless
He's incredibly pragmatic when necessary.

LemonBanana

Scooby
Sineya
The cheek bones 😂 🤣

Naah, really I think he is a really great character portrayed by a really great actor. I love his sense of humor, the Britishness of him and his passion for the things he loves and the urge to do the right thing even though he is a vampire, even before he has a soul! Besides he’s super cool, what’s not to love! Love this thread 😊 💕

white avenger

white avenger
After he gets his soul, he doesn't spend all his time moping and bewailing over the evil that his evil counterpart had done in the past. After the initial shock, he comes to his senses, learns from his past, puts it behind him, and gets on with the job at hand.

Plus, he looks just like Randy, without the snappy wardrobe.

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
I like how he really throws himself into things. His passion always leads the way. I admire it because I'm very circumspect and sometimes I wish I could be more this way (my exception to this is love).

burrunjor

Potential
I agree with Spanky. His vanity is hilarious.

The bit where Buffy confronts him and he is busy doing his nails is brilliant. I also liked it when James Marsters said that Spike wears 6 times as much make up as Buffy.

sunestellar

Townie
His witty sarcasm.
But above all else I'd say the devotion/passion (sometimes destructive...) he has for his loved ones. Makes him very endearing and human for a character which was originally supposed to be devilish.

AstridDante

Potential
He is multifaceted a hedonist, a romantic, he struggled against his own vampiric nature for love.

Top Bottom