• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What is your favourite quote from your favourite characters?

Mehansa

Townie
Here are my favourite quotes from my favourite characters:

Anya - "I guess I just realise how amazingly... screwed up they all are. I mean, really, really screwed up in a monumental fashion. And they have no purpose that unites them, so they just drift around, blundering through life until they die. Which they-they know is coming, yet every single one of them is surprised when it happens to them. They're incapable of thinking about what they want beyond the moment. They kill each other, which is clearly insane, and yet, here's the thing. When it's something that really matters, they fight. I mean, they're lame morons for fighting. But they do. They never... They never quit. And so I guess I will keep fighting, too.”

Buffy - "Bite me"

Angel - "Never will. That's not why we fight. We do it because there's things worth fighting for."

Spike - "We like to talk big... vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk. Strutting around with your friends over a pint of blood. The truth is, I _like_ this world. You've got...dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. Billions of people walking around like Happy Meals with legs. It's all right here. But then someone comes along with a vision. With a real... passion for destruction. Angel could pull it off. Good-bye, Piccadilly. Farewell, Leicester-bloody-Square."

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Faith:
"Five by Five"
"It doesn't matter what kind of vibe you get off a person. 'Cause nine times out of ten, the face they're showing you is not the real one."

Buffy:
"I'm the thing monsters have nightmares about."

Dawn:
"I love to dance. I like music. I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out. So, mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art."

Xander:
"Or maybe you could just be Buffy, he'll see your amazing heart, and he'll fall in love with you."

Angel:
I agree with yours.
"Never will. That's not why we fight. We do it because there's things worth fighting for."

Mehansa

Townie
@Athene I love your second quote for Faith, and I do agree with her.

Athene
Athene
Yeah not to be as cynical as Faith but soemtimes it's true so she's not wrong.

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
My favorite quotes are not very original. Pretty much all the quotes are those most commonly associated with them. lol

Buffy:
"Lie to Me"
"You have a choice! You don't have a good choice, but you have a choice!"

Angel:
"Epiphany"
"If there's no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters... then all that matters is what we do."

Willow:
"Bored now."

Willow's quote is just fun, but I've talked a lot about the first two quotes and how they resonate deeply with me, reflecting the core themes of both BtVS and AtS: choice, determinism, or even absurdism. These shows are often about overcoming the cruel reality and make the choice to rise above our past and the present. It's no coincidence that I'm a huge fan of Spider-Man, which also plays around a lot about the choices in life to be better than what life has given you. Buffy might not be able to have happiness with Angel, but her choice to uphold her responsibility as a Slayer over her own happiness is what ultimately defines her as a hero; likewise with Angel choosing to leave Buffy alone and pursue his own path of redemption.

But that's probably going too off-the-rails for this topic. lol Like I said, those two quotes mean a lot to me.

Ann

Nee chatwuann Bangel
Where I live, but really don't want to be.
Mine are all from Pangs

Buffy: "And they say one person can't make a difference."

Angel: "I'm not evil again. Why does everyone think that?"

Anya: "So this Angel. He's large and glowery, isn't he?"

Giles: "That's not terribly stealthy of him."

Willow: "I think he's lost his edge."

Xander: "I'm Ok. I'm Ok! Where am I Ok?"

This episode was full of them, but only posted one each. Pangs was a good episode.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Willow:

Bored Now!

Occasionally, I'm callous and strange

Great, I'll give Xander a call. What's his number? Oh yeah, 1-800-IM-DATING-A-SKANKY-HO

Well, I like you. You're nice, and you're funny, and you don't smoke. Yeah, okay, werewolf, but...that's not all the time. I mean, three days out of the month, I'm not much fun to be around either

I don't wanna' be our only hope. I crumble under pressure. Let's have another hope.

I owe you pain!

Prince of Night, I summon you! Come fill me with your black, naughty evil.

Ooh, I used to want... Wait, florist means crazy, right? I never wanted to do that.

It's just, in high school, knowledge was pretty much frowned upon. You really had to work to learn anything. But here, the energy, the collective intelligence... It's like this force, this penetrating force, and I can just feel my mind opening up, you know, and letting this place just thrust into and- and spurt knowledge into... That sentence ended up in a different place than it started out in.

Hey!!! We don't have time for this, our friends are in trouble. Now we have to put our heads together and, and get them out of it. And if you two aren't with me a hundred and ten percent, then get the hell out of my library!

Yeah I know, but we were having good, clean, educational fun, and then all of the sudden, it was all gloom and doom and the outlawing of human triangles

No honey I am the magicks!

Well, we don't have cable, so we have to make our own fun

Well did you try looking inside the sofa in Hell?

Bitch! (few say this well as Hannigan)

I'm a blood sucking fiend. Look at my outfit!

It's horrible! That's me as a vampire? I'm so evil and... skanky. And I think I'm kinda gay

Why couldn't Xander be possessed by a puppy, or... or some ducks?

Weird? It's against all laws of God and Man! It's Cordelia! Remember? The, the 'We Hate Cordelia Club', of which you are the treasurer.

Darn tootin'!

Mom, I'm not acting out, I'm a witch! I can make pencils float! And I can summon the four elements! Okay, two, but four soon. And I'm dating a musician!

Wanna be bad?

bunch of wanna-blessed-bes. Nowadays every girl with a henna tattoo and a spice rack thinks she's a sister to the dark ones.

Everyone's getting spanked but me.

Buffy: Fine. Okay. I'm the bad. I can take my lumps...for a while.
Willow: Alright. I'll stop giving you a hard time...runaway.
Buffy: Will!
Willow: I'm sorry...quitter.
Buffy: Whiner.
Willow: Bailer.
Buffy: Harpy.
Willow: Delinquent.
Buffy: Tramp.
Willow: Bad seed.
Buffy: Witch.
Willow: Freak.

Faded90

Potential
Buffy - strong is fighting, it’s hard and it’s painful and it’s every single day

Angel - Am I a thing worse saving huh? Am I a righteous man?

Faith - Just tell me how to make it better/ My whole life there was only one person who ever tried to be my friend .....

Also for one where she’s ‘evil’ - what are you the narrator? Keys to the cuffs!

Giles - Shes a hero you see, she’s not like us

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
The Spike quote featured in my signature banner which was made by the very talented @RachM

I just love the delivery of this line

BaskingINBangel

I'm a little bit bison
Not going to list all of my favorite characters because that would take too long, but here are some of my favs....

Buffy - "I'm standing on the mouth of hell and it is going to swallow me whole. And it'll choke on me!

"I'm Buffy. The vampire slayer. And you are?"

Angel - "If there's no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters....then all that matters is what we do. Cause that's all there is. What we do. Now. Today."

Illyria - "Your opinion of me weighs less than sunlight."

Fred - " I walk with heroes. Think about that."

Lorne - "Tonight the role of Judas Iscariot will be played by Krevlornswath of the Deathwok Clan."

Anya - "I have finesse! I have finesse coming out of my bottom!"

I can just hear you in private. "I dislike that Anya. She's newly human and strangely literal."

Gwen Raiden - "Name a town, I'll show you the souvenir."

"Where were you when they taught stealth in superpower school?"

Lilah Morgan - "Funny thing about black and white, you mix it together and you get gray. And it doesn't matter how much white you try and put back in. You're never going to get anything but gray."

Wesley - "There's love. There's hope....for some. There's hope that you'll find something worthy...that your life will lead you to some joy...that after everything...you can still be surprised."

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
Staff member
Buffy - I'm Buffy, The Vampire Slayer and you are?
Spike - I may be love's bitch but at least I'm man enough to admit it.
Wesley - There's love, there's hope. for some. There's hope that you'll find something worthy............
Giles - I think I liked it better when demons would just crash in here and tear the place apart. Just seemed so much simpler.
Willow - Bored Now.

Hard to tell if it's my all time favorite lines from them. To choose my number one favorite line by one favorite character from Buffyverse is like me trying to choose my one favorite line from Scream 1 when there's plenty of it. LOL.

telperion66

Potential
Without being nerdy and combing through the show for the episodes I feel are generally most empowering or inspiring, here are some off the top of my head that spring immediately to mind (for no apparent reason, and I'm sure there are a ton more I really appreciate also that I'm not listing).

Angel - "We live as though the world is as it should be, to show it what it can be."

Connor - "I will cling to the good, and lay waste to the evil."

Angel - "So if nothing we do matters, all that really matters is what we do."

Angel - "You never know your strength until you've been tested."

Doyle - "The good fight, yeah? I get that now."

Holtz - "My only prayer is that I have prepared you well enough for whatever lies ahead. Be brave, lovingly, your father."

Wesley - "We all get what we deserve."

Reactions: Ann

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

You gotta go be gay for that poor, dead intern...
Black Thorn
"I Don't Have A Date For The Prom...Men Are Evil. Will You Go With Me?" - Anya

"I may be dead, but I'm still pretty." - Buffy

"I like the quiet." - Xander

"Buff, have you heard of this Veruca chick? Dresses like Faith, voice like an albatross...?" - Willow

"You gotta give me something to do. There's no way I'm sleeping. Don't you need anyone dead? Or maimed? I can settle for maimed." - Faith

"Can everyone see how much fire I'm not on?" - Angel

"If Every Vampire Who Said He Was At The Crucifixion Was Actually There, It Would Have Been Like Woodstock.” - Spike

Last edited:

forbuss

Witch
Sineya
Here are just some from the top of my head. Apologies for any misquotes or inaccuracies.

Buffy

"When the apocalypse comes, beep me"
"Harmony has minions?"

Cordelia

"What is your childhood trauma?!"
"When it comes to dating, I'm the slayer"

Willow

"Could a human do this: *screams*"

Anya

"You forgot to charge shipping"
'Would you say yours was more of a breakaway pop hit or more of a book number?"

Halfrek

"That was Anya's little raison d’être. Most of us prefer to be a bit more well rounded. And we prefer justice demon, okay, FYI"

Puppet
Puppet
That last one, with Halfrek, it's all in the delivery for me. So funny :)
Top Bottom