• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What Just Bugs You About Buffy and/or Angel?

Lou

Scooby
There seem to be things that just end up bugging the heck out of me sometimes in the shows.

Like why do they never try to look for a way OUT of Angel's loophole? A NEW curse? We can bring back the soul, bring people back from the dead, make trolls appear by bickering amongst each other, dig up info on demons with just a vague reference to how it looks, even find info on Illyria and Glory, but no one can use some spare time to see if maybe we could say a couple of words and let Angel keep his soul with no happy claus?

The other thing is....WHY does Buffy insist on wearing those BIG hoop earrings while patroling? All that jumping, fighting, things going on...it never occurs to her that it would hurt if some of those guys just grabbed one of those large handles hanging from her ears and pulled?
Even after seeing it as much as I have an knowing that it never happens, it gives me the wiggins every time I have to watch it thinking she's a sheer IDIOT for not taking those at least out of her patroling attire.

What bugs you?

MSchett

Teeth,Claws,Breakup Sex..
One of mine for Buffy is, How do you keep fighting/running in high heels! Why do they never break?

L
Lily
i saw the thread title and thought that exact thing, but you beat me! :D
J

JenniferAlice

I know what you mean about the big hoops! I've always thought that too! Very silly.
But for me (sometimes) Buffy's voice bugs me, when she says "ok" that weird way, especially in the later seasons, it makes me want to put my head through the screen.

white avenger

white avenger
Not just the hoops and the high heels, her entire wardrobe from Season 4 on. Seasons 1 thru3, she did most of her patrolling in sensible clothes (sweat/jogging suits and running shoes). She went off to college, and suddenly she's wearing leather pants and expensive (looking, at least) sweaters and jackets, plus the aforementioned high heeled boots out in the cemetaries fighting the vamps and demons. From about the middle of Season 6 on, once finances became an issue, all of the leather gave way to more durable and less expensive jeans, but the boots remained.

Lou

Scooby
Yeah, I'm all for looking stylish...but not when I'm working because I'd get everything covered in paint. Also not while I'm mowing the grass.
I think she should have put more thought into the appropriate clothing. Who knows, maybe she'd have killed off the big bads 5 episodes earlier if she had!

W
willow23
I love the banner. One of my favorite quotes.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I think the main things that bug me are the plot holes or inconsistency in some story lines but I love the show so I can look past them or I read BB and adopt other people theories and explanations :D

Lily

Chantarelle-Lily-Anne
it still bugs me that Xander totally got away with the 'kick his ass' comment from Becoming - that two second mention in s7 does not count! i really wanted him to feel the wrath! Cause Buffy could have been way more mentally prepared if she'd known there was a chance he'd be Angel again *sigh*

oh and like you've all said - the innappropriate wardrobe was a little ridiculous!

C
caritas08
In Xander's defence, she might have died if she was trying to stop Angel without killing him.
W
willow23
Yes. ARGH! Though I chuckled at its mention in Selfless.

MSchett

Another thing that pissed me off is when Holtz got stabbed in the neck with an ice pick
1 The holes would be pretty big way to big for teeth
2 There would be blood squirting everywhere which is the opposite of what a vamp bite would do and mr. super tracker connor doesnt notice this

L
Lou
I always wondered about that too. He couldn't find one of those grilling forks or something?
T

T.I.P

Buffy Bugs #1: The way Cordy gets let off with so much in the first two seasons, cheeky bitca, Buffy should have destroyed her.
Buffy Bugs #2: Wes becoming Mr Grumpy in ats s3, he was the new mr cardboard
Buffy Bugs #3: Illyria. may as well have been spiderman joining the crew.

untouched

I'll show you share time!
An episode that really bugged me was The Freshman. I know Buffy was having trouble fitting in and was feeling an outsider, but c'mon ! She beated the Mayor the season before and she couldn't kick Sunday's ass?

M
MSchett
i know what you mean she kicked spike/angelus' ass how could she not take on a regular vamp
R
Relic
Sunday was at the top of her game, Buffy was moppy, when she got over it she did kick ass!
palabravampiress
palabravampiress
Total agreement. Sundae was a lame villian.

fly on the wall

you have but-face.
- Riley.
- Joyce.
- Buffy's wardrobe. Not even the sensibility of it, sometimes her clothes are just ugly. Sometimes I just have to yell at my TV, "What are you WEARING?" (This goes for Willow and occasionally Xander as well.) And this might be a weird thing to note, but oh well, I know I'm not the only person who's noticed it...does Buffy EVER wear a bra?
- The fact that the stunt doubles are really, really obvious. Huge example: Angel's stunt double in Becoming II, the swordfight scene...who WAS that guy? Other than someone about 40 pounds lighter than Angel, with a receding hairline..

MSchett

I got a some new ones.
Connor/Dawn whinyness!
and
Dark Willow refering to herself in the third person.
and
All the leather Spike and Angel wear!!! Why doesn't it chafe!
and
Joss Whedon never giving a ship a happy ending!!
and
Why does ATF suck so much! Yet they made the hardcover look all nice!
and
Why doesnt Angel just go get his replaced by that demon in Africa or where ever Spike went?
and
Batsu WHY???
and
Why are there so many people who have Spike obessions?
and
Why are Wolfram and Hart unkillable?
and
Cangel that just itches at me...
and
Why don't people kill Buffy when they get the chance...
and
How does that shot hit Tara!!!! Shes standing like 6 ft from the window, shes on the second floor and it hits her in the chest... Do the math that bullet shoulda hit the ceiling...
and
Xander leaving Anya... Xanya was miracle love!!!!!!!!

Ok! I'm done...... For now.....;)

P
punkypower
hehe, feel better now? ;)

Violette

Slayerette
- Cordelia with Angel
- Xander and Anya never getting back together in the end
- Too many demons in S6, not enough vamp-slaying like the previous seasons
- Buffy chasing after Riley when he's in the helicopter in season 5.. when clearly Riley was the one at fault

The Ferg
The Ferg
Hmm... I think someone needs to see my Briley thread in the S4 section.
J

JenniferAlice

I remembered something that BUGS me about Angel:

*In Season 5 when Spike is back, he doesn't smoke anymore..why is this?? I'm thinking James Marsters obviously quit and he didn't want to do it for the character anymore, but smoking was a BIG part of Spike's character, and surely a dead vampire isn't going to quit for the health concerns that come with smoking, and what BUGS me even more is the fact that it's not even mentioned. Pfft, they could have gave him fake cigerettes at least! Season 5 of Angel ruined Spike for me a little bit.

DarkAvenger

Scooby
This is probably one of the things that bugs me the most about Buffy: In the 1st season, Darla tried to kill Buffy with a gun. Spike almost shot her (but then he changed his mind) and finnaly Warren, who did shot Buffy (however, she didn't die). But why didn't other vampires or demons (etc) tried to kill Buffy with a gun?? It's easy. You just have to wait for the right moment and then... BANG! The slayer's gone. So... Why didn't they think about something like this?

white avenger
white avenger
Probably the same reason that Buffy only used her rocket launcher once and never used flame throwers: ACTION. There's more action in "punch, kick, stake, dust" than there is in "point, spray (or shoot), kill."
caitaintdead
caitaintdead
I wouldn't have loved the show if there were lots of gun fights... But I understand where you're coming from.

Blondie Bear

Zydrate Addict
How does that shot hit Tara!!!! Shes standing like 6 ft from the window, shes on the second floor and it hits her in the chest... Do the math that bullet shoulda hit the ceiling...
That bugs me, too. Plus the fact that hitting glass would have kicked the bullet off of its trajectory. My theory is that Joss & Co. hate guns so much that they can't even be bothered to check on facts like ballistic trajectory and California gun laws (there's no way Warren or Warren/Willow would have been able to waltz into a pawn shop in CA and waltz right back out with a pistol). In my opinion, if you're going to hate on something, at least do it accurately.

Lou

Scooby
Don't you people watch CSI...things ricochet all the time! The glass, window frame, curtains...lots of things screw up bullet paths!

L
Lindsey McDonald
So.....Tara only died cause of the glass? XANDER!!!!!!!!!!
M
MSchett
The angle that the bullet hit the glass woulda only put it on a more vertical path making it even farther from hitting Tara
white avenger
white avenger
Maybe there was really a second shooter on a grassy knoll somewhere.
Top Bottom