• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

What we know about BtVS or Angel Season 12

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Ok I really didn't mean to bait you all to come here because the answer is we know nothing. But I wanted to create a thread where we could post about things we see around social media that may give us clues along the way to finding out if s12 is going to be a thing or not. For example I will share this tweet exchange between a Buffy youtuber and DH today:

It doesn't tell us much except that apparently things are still pretty tight lipped. Which is annoying. Anyway share news or information on s12 here!

white avenger

white avenger
Well, apparently, by the end of Season 11, Angel and Faith are no longer a team. Whether or not that remains true into Season 12 remains to be seen. Illyria/Fred seems to be Angel's new sidekick. Buffy and Spike seem to have a solid relationship going, at least as stable, if not more so, than anything that she ever shared with Angel. Things look pretty good for the moment.

That's why I'm really worried.

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
It worked! You snared me.

I will just say that the Giles mini #1 comes out Feb. 28. The final issue, #4, comes out in May. That will officially close the books on Season 11. If we don't hear anything about Season 12 by May, I will be very surprised.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Well, apparently, by the end of Season 11, Angel and Faith are no longer a team. Whether or not that remains true into Season 12 remains to be seen. Illyria/Fred seems to be Angel's new sidekick. Buffy and Spike seem to have a solid relationship going, at least as stable, if not more so, than anything that she ever shared with Angel. Things look pretty good for the moment.

That's why I'm really worried.

But there is no way that Joss would let this universe go out like this. This is hardly considered going out with a bang. It was a pretty soft serve season for both titles. It may be a looooooong pause though the likes of which we saw between the show and s8 (what was that like 6 yrs?).

Grace
Grace
I think it was four years.
W

WillowFromBuffy

Does this mean BtVS and AtS are converging back into one series after all these years?

And there's a kid!

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
Does this mean BtVS and AtS are converging back into one series after all these years?

And there's a kid!

Looks like we're getting everyone! And alternate future scenarios including a baby!

"Forced to battle with a legion of demons, Wolfram Hart and a vampire from the future called Harth, Buffy will apparently find herself trapped in a time warp that could end the Slayers forever.

"With alternate futures clearly playing a big part, The Reckoning will once again bring back future Slayer Fray, who first appeared in 2001’s self-titled spin-off."

It's only four issues. I wonder if this is Joss wrapping things up.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I need to get it together I’m like :
source.gif

...Over analyzing the baby and where everyone is standing in the group drawing....

Deniwizard
Deniwizard
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHA that gif came to my mind the moment the s12 news hit my Twitter feed

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
Actually, I take the four issues thing back. The CBR story used to have a subhead that mentioned it was a four-issue mini but now it's gone, so I don't know if it was a mistake or not.

W

WillowFromBuffy

I am not sure how I feel about the summary. The big, boring, contrived plot lines of the comics are clearly their worst feature. Time travel does not sound promising.
Actually, I take the four issues thing back. The CBR story used to have a subhead that mentioned it was a four-issue mini but now it's gone, so I don't know if it was a mistake or not.
Isn't each season split into smaller stories containing around four issues?

Btw, Giles is his old self.

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
I am not sure how I feel about the summary. The big, boring, contrived plot lines of the comics are clearly their worst feature. Time travel does not sound promising.

Isn't each season split into smaller stories containing around four issues?

Often, yes, but I don't think they would call that a "miniseries," just an arc. This specifically said: "Buffy the Vampire Slayer is back for Season 12 with a four-issue miniseries from Joss Whedon, Christos Gage and Georges Jeanty"

Btw, Giles is his old self.

Wonder if that's an alternate future thing, or a spoiler for the Giles miniseries.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
If there's any sort of ending with Buffy marrying and having a baby I'm gonna be so disappointed, lol. Doesn't matter which guy.

If it’s Buffy’s baby I bet it will be from an alternate time line.

Taake
Taake
Still a boo, hiss! from me :P

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
If there's any sort of ending with Buffy marrying and having a baby I'm gonna be so disappointed, lol. Doesn't matter which guy.
After spending so much time telling us that Buffy doesn't want that kind of normal anymore, hell yes it would be just plain stupid. If Spike is the daddy then at least the fanfic-y fanservice that is the comics will have come full circle. I don't care much for the outcome except...that damn Shanshu better still be Angel's.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I cannot imagine human Spike. But I think Angel as human was already tried, and he didn't really take to it, so there's that. Some gifts... Well, they aren't as gifty as they may seem.

Top Bottom