• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

What we know about BtVS or Angel Season 12

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I think it's all going to amount to NOTHING... "The final season, but not the final adventures" so they are just going to ditch the seasons and have everything run together. I don't think anything "major" will happen because I don't think it's the end. I think it may signal the end of Whedon's involvement in it though.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Or the beginning since he has nothing better to do.
I would think that but they never had the season format until Whedon became involved. Now that they are dropping the season format it led me to believe that Whedon will be stepping down as the 'show runner' and the comics will go back to how they were before he came onboard.

Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
This is what the guy in the video below thinks as well.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
If Spike gets the Shanshu, I will be really disappointed. But I’m positive on that, I don’t believe Joss is enough stupid to do that. However it would be another reason for me to not consider the comic canon
The same Joss who killed off Tara AND Cordelia? Yes, he's stupid and arrogant enough to think it's great drama. I really hope he doesn't do that to Angel.

Antho
Antho
Let me have hope please lol

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Thought I'd share this video regarding opinions on the end of the buffyverse season structure and what it might mean going forward. All speculation of course. DH did say (above) that the one-shots would be canon but we shall see!

Deniwizard

Rogue demon hunter.
This part of the CBR (plot) exclusive bugs me:

"The Reckoning will see the return of Faith and Angel, as well as fan-favorite Illyria, though whether they help or hinder the cause remains to be seen."

I swear to God, if they make Angel (or Faith) the bad guy again I will glitter-bomb Joss Whedon til the end of his miserable days.
s-4b3ec36e163ec97a03e8a51f296defaff893a552.gif

:rolleyes: Buffy gets me.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn

"The Reckoning will see the return of Faith and Angel, as well as fan-favorite Illyria, though whether they help or hinder the cause remains to be seen."

I swear to God, if they make Angel (or Faith) the bad guy again I will glitter-bomb Joss Whedon til the end of his miserable days.
s-4b3ec36e163ec97a03e8a51f296defaff893a552.gif

:rolleyes: Buffy gets me.
Lol I was thinking the same thing. Praying to my Buffy poster to please please please not make Angel evil again. I will do something equally rebellious if they do... at least a strongly worded email!

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
Thought I'd share this video regarding opinions on the end of the buffyverse season structure and what it might mean going forward. All speculation of course. DH did say (above) that the one-shots would be canon but we shall see!

I can understand why he's upset. He makes good points. But I don't think I would want the comic seasons to go on forever, especially if Buffy just remained a perma-20-something, because they already seem low on ideas.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I can understand why he's upset. He makes good points. But I don't think I would want the comic seasons to go on forever, especially if Buffy just remained a perma-20-something, because they already seem low on ideas.

I agree I don’t want this going on forever. And actually I think what they are doing by breaking up the seasons is ensuring that this won’t die out. My biggest complaint remains that we don’t get a full and complete season send off for the Buffyverse before dipping into the one shots format.

And as I said to him - I think they could have drawn in a good readership if they had marketed it the right way.

Deniwizard

Rogue demon hunter.
I agree I don’t want this going on forever. And actually I think what they are doing by breaking up the seasons is ensuring that this won’t die out. My biggest complaint remains that we don’t get a full and complete season send off for the Buffyverse before dipping into the one shots format.

And as I said to him - I think they could have drawn in a good readership if they had marketed it the right way.

Now I'm scared. What if they pull a Penny Dreadful and in the last panel of the fourth issue there is huge "THE END" written in bold? I would feel so insulted :mad:

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Now I'm scared. What if they pull a Penny Dreadful and in the last panel of the fourth issue there is huge "THE END" written in bold? I would feel so insulted :mad:

First of all - your banner is amazing - GORGEOUS. Did you do that??? If so beautiful work!

Second - I just googled that Penny Dreadful had a comic run and I'm floored! I loved that show. I have to go check that out! Did Vanessa come back? Does she finally get with Ethan. Man I wanted them to get together! lol

But - that won't happen with BTVS - DH has already said that they are continuing the comics just not in season format. It is not "the end" it is just the finale of the bigger story is what it seems like.

Deniwizard

Rogue demon hunter.
First of all - your banner is amazing - GORGEOUS. Did you do that??? If so beautiful work!

Thank you so much! Yes, I did. It was part of an edit I did for my Buffyverse IG, but I never published it so I decided to make it my banner instead :) I had to change it a little, but the idea is pretty much the same.

Second - I just googled that Penny Dreadful had a comic run and I'm floored! I loved that show. I have to go check that out! Did Vanessa come back? Does she finally get with Ethan. Man I wanted them to get together! lol

WHAT? I had no idea about the comics! I got so angry at the finale that I ignored everything Penny Dreadful for months! lol I kept expecting Vanessa's hand to come out of the ground a lo Buffy season 6, but no, she just, y'know, died.

But - that won't happen with BTVS - DH has already said that they are continuing the comics just not in season format. It is not "the end" it is just the finale of the bigger story is what it seems like.
I keep wondering what other formats could these be. Official books? A Netflix anthology series as Whedonesque keeps tweeting about? If so, that'd be awesome, as long as the voices of the characters are on point, I'm in for whatever they throw at us (I mean, as long as they don't kill Angel or make him the bad guy again (RE: Glitter bomb)).

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I keep wondering what other formats could these be.
They'll keep making the comics, there will just not be seasons. So they can have multiple storylines going in different directions without worrying about connecting all of them together.

Mylie

Scooby
I'm still holding out hope for a Buffy cartoon (the reunion cast seemed warm to the idea), maybe they could get away with if they re-conned the comics a bit with this Season 12.

That would be perfect!

But also too good to be true...

Deniwizard

Rogue demon hunter.
I'm still holding out hope for a Buffy cartoon (the reunion cast seemed warm to the idea), maybe they could get away with if they re-conned the comics a bit with this Season 12.

Like the one developed for Fox Kids? I didn't like the pilot/presentation for that one but I guess "cartoon" and "animated series" are different things, right?

Personally, if it came to animation, I would love to see something more adult-like, but seeing Buffy and Co. in a different format than the comics would be nice either way.

thetopher
thetopher
Yeah, I mean animated series. :)

RomanticSoul

Frell Me

If the two end up getting everyone and Illyria killed, excluding themselves and the rest of the AtS crew that is still out there, somewhere, then I will be doing a happy dance. If that's not going to happen, YAWN. Always tearing down the 'redemption characters' got boring a looooong time ago.

Deniwizard

Rogue demon hunter.
Cover artist Scott Fischer shared this image today on his Instagram page (This is for Buffy's 12th, right? I mean that's clearly Angel on the side/back):
The caption reads: W.I.P. Bringing a big bad out of the fog. A marathon left to run on this one. #darkart #devil #devilmademedoit
28764377_166641967370219_5606095364064018432_n_001.jpg

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I don't know if this means anything BUT - Joss tweeted this:

This is why I think this is cool/relevant to this thread. He is obviously showing more involvement in s12 than he has in the past few seasons, he is looking over BTVS source material which ties in with the potential time warp/time jumps. I don't think Joss is sitting at home watching Buffy for fun (although I guess he could I don't know the guy). I think this is work related. I think this is s12 related and that makes me a little giddy :)
Post automatically merged:

idk @thetopher - this whole resetting time in the comics thing - maybe you have a point. My mind is starting to come around to that given some recent tweets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom