• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What would this season look like with Cordelia instead of Spike

slayer730

Potential
While Spike was an interesting addition to this season and he definitely had chemistry with Angel I wonder what this season would have looked like if Cordelia was still present. Her arc was pretty much put on pause after season 3 in favor of the Jasmine takeover so it would have been interesting to see what they could have come up with for her. What do you guys think this season would look like if she was a part of the main cast?

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I do wish Cordelia had been there, but really without radically changing season 4 I don't know how she would have fit in.

Priceless

Scooby
I love Cordy and would have loved her to have come out of her coma in episode three, faced with W&H and Spike etc. She'd definitely have been the voice of reason throughout the season, and be slapping both Spike and Angel upside their heads when they were bickering.

Of course there'd be no Nina at all, as Cordy and Angel would finally get the romance they deserved. She'd also be pushing Wes and Fred together and Eve wouldn't last two minutes. She's have to have a heart to heart with Connor and explain that it was Jasmine, not her, who instigated their relationship. I'm sure she'd totally support Angel going up against the Black Thorn, but I think the show would end with her telling Angel that if they came out of the battle alive, she couldn't be with Angel because he'd killed Drogyn. Cordy wouldn't support that.

I can't think of what Angel would task Cordy with at the end. Maybe she could kill Lindsey instead of Lorne, or perhaps she could kill Eve?

Mr Trick

Scooby
I'm pleased they went with Spike because outside of Buffy S2 we didn't get much of him and Angel together. The only thing is had probably peaked as a character by this point. Ideally Cordy would have gotten a bigger role in the final season than she did.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
The best deal for Cordelia is if she had been the one to not get in the limo at the end of Season 4. The story should have had a human survivor because no human who joined Angel Investigations survived to the end. She could have been the voice of reason who warned them all not to join Wolfram & Hart. Of course, if they promised her a wardrobe, she would have been the first to join.

Faded90

Potential
It depends on if they wrote her as the real Cordy like in You’re Welcome or Saint Cordy like in S3. I wonder what Cordy’s ‘area’ would have been within Wolfram and Hart?

I think Cangel was dead though, Joss has said they never intended to get them together and I don’t think they could have had a third season of them tiptoeing around each other

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Spike made Season 5, and supposedly the only reason they got a Season 5 was on the proviso that Spike was brought over once Buffy had ended. Cordelia always had a limited shelf life.

white avenger

white avenger
I can't picture Cordy allowing Angel to take over Wolfram & Hart, and without that single element, Season 5 would have been totally different, The actual details of that difference would be pure guess and conjecture, but one major change that I could imagine would have almost certainly been the elimination of Illyria, who is a character who I think became a major asset to the team. Maybe Connor would have somehow stayed around, but the Angel/Cordy/Connor thing would have had to be settled and moved away from quickly. Wes and Fred would have hopefully still have happened, but, without Illyria being there, they would have actually been able to be happy through the entire Season. Instead of the "You're Welcome" and "Girl In Question" episodes, maybe Buffy and some or all of her gang could have made a guest appearance, possibly in a multi-episode arc when Dana showed up

CHK DeWilSon

A BAngel fan. Always.
Well I certainly would have preferred it! Just!

I'm not one of though that was upset with Cordy's storyline in ATS S4 simply because I never brought the Cangel romance but most definitely after hearing what they originally where going with their storyline in having a reverse Becoming story where it's Angel that has to do the deed which tells me they were possible going to kill off Cordy but circumstances made them do it differently plus an absolute NO from me in once again giving a major BAngel storyline to their new love interests. Is nothing sacred and can they not being any more originality to their own stories.

Anyway back to the actual topic and yes I like Cordy well enough to want to still have her in ATS and as a important member of AI. I do think it's sad that out of the original crew that started on BTVS, she's the only one that never got to live a full life and get a relatively happy ending.

And yeah I'm in the camp of anyone but Spike even though apparently he was brought on to save the show which clearly he succeeded in doing?!

Wesxfred

You know what they say about payback...
I feel like they had to compensate for losing their main female role. I obviously love Fred but she was so different from Cordy and Eve, Harmony and Nina were just failed attempts at trying to get more women on the show. Mabey they could've added Gwen or Faith? I feel like this would've been an interesting dynamic and I can also see one of them going out with Gunn, which would've added another layer to the season. I do really love Spike tho and his humor is amazing!! It just really annoys me how there are so many guys this season, and the that we do girls are pretty useless (bar Fred)
Also, I'm kinda mad at the episode 'You're welcome' Cordelia was meant to be the heart of the team and bring them together, but she didn't really have many interactions with anyone apart from Angel. I wanted to see her catching up with the gang about everything she missed. I wanted to see her try and get Wesley and Fred together. I wanted her to have more girl talk with harmony and Fred!
Sorry for my little rant lol x

white avenger

white avenger
I wonder what this season would have looked like if Cordelia was still present.
Here's a thought that just occurred to me, and that no one has considered. What if Cordy had returned in Season 5, not as Jasmine's mother, which I don't think was originally supposed really be the plan anyhow (Joss being ticked off about Charisma's unexpected pregnancy was the real reason) but as herself, or maybe as Illyria instead of Fred, but as a soulless, evil creature, either way basically the ultimate Big Bad of the Season, or even the entire series, being revealed as the true driving force behind the Senior Partners all along (they could have been the ones responsible for putting Illyria's life force in Cordy's body. Just imagine Fred's death scene, only played out between Cordy and Angel.)

Even if Joss didn't know that that would be the Series finale, and originally planned to somehow redeem Cordy in the end, the mid Season change would have mage for some really awesome story lines, not the least of which would have been keeping one of my favorite unappreciated characters, Nina, as an Ally with Angel and his crew. (Anyone who objects to her ever being on the show and a possible new love interest for Angel could hook her up with Gunn. They might make a cute couple)

Myheadsgonenumb

Potential
(they could have been the ones responsible for putting Illyria's life force in Cordy's body. Just imagine Fred's death scene, only played out between Cordy and Angel.)
I love CC and DB in the roles that they play - but they are NOT the dramatic actors that AD and AA are. There's no way they could have played that scene out half as well.

What if Cordy had returned in Season 5, not as Jasmine's mother, which I don't think was originally supposed really be the plan anyhow (Joss being ticked off about Charisma's unexpected pregnancy was the real reason) but as herself, or maybe as Illyria instead of Fred, but as a soulless, evil creature, either way basically the ultimate Big Bad of the Season, or even the entire series, being revealed as the true driving force behind the Senior Partners all alon
Is that not just a rehash of season 4 though? Cordelia is the big bad/ possessed by the big bad.
Without CCs pregnancy the plan was for Cordy to be the big bad of s4 and Angel chopping her head off - so in a world without her pregnancy this version of s5 couldn't happen. And in a world where s4 happened the way it did, this is the exact same story as they did the year before with the exact same character. And people hated it enough the first time around.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I assume it would be like early Season 3 of Buffy, where Cordie is the ex-big bad, and Angel is sheltering her.

Top Bottom