• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

What would this season look like with Cordelia instead of Spike

Faded90

Scooby
I think Cordy’s character was destroyed in S3 rather than S4. Her story is completely finished when she ‘ascends’ and they wrote her into a corner with all of the Saint Cordy stuff. We get told she’s apparently too saintly for this world, the Buffyverse world that has a number of kickass women but apparently Cordy has surpassed them all for well reasons. They then have to retcon this in S4. She was no longer the interesting, snarky character with her own passions and interests. When she becomes solely Angel’s cheerleader and nothing more they washed her character out far too much to continue to be an interesting character ongoing. The only way her character would work in S5 would be if they regressed her to her pre S3 self - which I personally would have preferred but would have made no sense story wise

Angel6
Angel6
I couldn’t agree more, for that reason seasons 1 and 2 of Angel for me are the peak, I like elements of season 3, but it doesn’t match up.

Stake fodder

Soulless
While Spike was an interesting addition to this season and he definitely had chemistry with Angel I wonder what this season would have looked like if Cordelia was still present. Her arc was pretty much put on pause after season 3 in favor of the Jasmine takeover so it would have been interesting to see what they could have come up with for her. What do you guys think this season would look like if she was a part of the main cast?
If Spike had not been in the season, Gunn could have remained the "muscle", since that was a role that Spike largely took over. While I think Cordelia would not have agreed to a mind upgrade by W&H, I think she could have been the one who "went corporate" instead of Gunn. She had experience running the AI office, so could have become a sort of executive director of W&H, weeding out evil personnel and shutting down the more questionable divisions, instead of Angel doing those things himself.

It might have been an interesting dynamic professionally between her and Angel, sometimes being on the same side of how things should be run, and sometimes not. But I think the real difference would have been Cordy's influence on Angel, which might have kept him from getting as dark in the season as he did.

I'm not sure where their romance would have gone. Of course Cordy would no longer remember Connor, but Angel would know what had happened between them, and even though it wasn't really Cordy, I'm sure that would have affected his feelings for her.

Lastly, Harmony and Cordelia playing off each other might have been fun. I don't know if it would have worked as well as having Spike on, but it's a fun thought experiment!

Top Bottom