• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What would you change on the show?

A

Alexisalexis

I would keep Spike as a recurring character. No Willow and Kennedy.

Priceless

Scooby
Well I love the show so there's not much I'd change because it'd change the meanings. I'd like Spike to survive and run to the bus with Buffy at the end of Chosen, but it would change the whole meaning of Spike's character and his sacrifice.

I'd prefer that Buffy not chase after Riley or blame herself for what he did, but I understand that's part of her character at that point.

I would have Cordy survive on AtS and just continue being Cordy.

A

Alexisalexis

I agree. I cried when Spike and Cordy died. I love Riley but I hate that Buffy was blaming herself for the breakup.

sweetiepie

Potential
I would keep Warren alive. Him escaping Dark Willow without getting flayed. Still a human villain with no powers but meaner and more intelligent and cunning! While remaining a fudgy nerd but remorseless villain. Misogynistic as he was. Givibg him some fighting skills. Lame but amazing as always.

darkspook

Potential
Give Xander more to do from season 4 onwards. Season 5 was nicely balanced but by season 6 he was just a walking extra. We saw little of his point of view, growth or even standalone episodes centred around him. They even poked his eye out in season 7 to give him something to do.

Faded90

Scooby
*whispers*

I wouldn’t have Spike as a main character, keep him as a recurring character either as a villain or anti hero like in S5. Ditch Spuffy or keep it as a S5 unrequited love. Putting them together consistently makes both characters miserable and drags them down.

The issue with Spike being a main is that he is at his best even when ‘good’ when he’s being snarky and insulting people except that doesn’t work well with integrating into the group so his only really significant relationship on both shows other than some minor friendships with Dawn and Fred his story relies on Buffy and Angel. Spike in Buffy S7 and Angel S5 feels like a bit of a chain around both mains neck as unless he’s havingan episode where he just turns up insults someone then leaves he takes up a lot of their time and there’s too much of the mains times being taken up by him

*attached armour and runs away*

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I would end the show after S5 but not change anything that happened in The Gift.

darkspook
darkspook
Agreed last 2 years were treading water.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
After S3 I would push Whedon out and bring in a new showrunner. He did great with the highschool stuff but that's sorta when the show went downhill for me; S4- whatever.

Top Bottom