1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question What would you do if you were in charge of Rebooting Season 1 of BTVS?

Discussion in 'Season 1' started by NikonTheVampire, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Priceless

Priceless I didn't forget y'know

I don't mind that the canon is sort of screwed up, I think that's partly why the show is endlessly interesting to discuss. I don't want a 'show bible' as that might lead to a show getting into a rut and not being able to change enough to keep it interesting and feel free enough to take a risk now and again. But I would rather they leave the classic alone and start again.

2. Tome

Tome Berktwad

Black Thorn
    I would leave it in limbo so that it is never made.

3. MarieVampSlayer

MarieVampSlayer I’m the thing that monsters have nightmares about!

Sineya
    I think that a reboot would be a mistake. You can't recast the core four without comparision and everybody did such an amazing job! I can't think of any actresses that would make me happy as Buffy, SMG was perfection! Imagine having a new Buffy cast that looked like 90210, kill me now!!!

However, I love the idea of having a follow-up with the new slayers. They could make it à la American Horror Story and have a new slayer each season. That way you don't have to stick to high school and have slayers with differents backgrounds, families, countries, ages, etc It would have to be short, like 10-12 episodes but with high quality. They could even mix it up and have past or future slayers. You could even have guest stars from the original cast but keep the actors. I would actually love that! I didn't read the comics but they could be inspired from it like having India Cohen (the slayer before Buffy) or Fray that people seem to love.